Skyline R33 Spec2

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
I’m unsure, if it closed same straight line then it’l be the same issue... the frame needs extended out and a structure built around it so the full car will fit and some.

Guy coming out again this week to give me a price.

let me know closer to the time about your roller door thou please 🙌

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
I’m unsure, if it closed same straight line then it’l be the same issue... the frame needs extended out and a structure built around it so the full car will fit and some.

Guy coming out again this week to give me a price.

let me know closer to the time about your roller door thou please 🙌
If it's any use to you it won't be expensive

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Wee bit of a tidying up whilst it’s winter and front end stripped. Tidy car for near 25 years old 🙂

2577C7B8-9AAA-488D-BBA6-B752A30B0D05.jpeg
A08CF10C-F909-4123-A72D-BC4334FE1AB1.jpeg
6697D102-6449-4142-8758-7D378B6B135A.jpeg
4219D61A-8ED0-459D-ACDD-747CFD3E2A69.jpeg
8609CA43-A0A9-40ED-8BE8-7A915A6831F8.jpeg

Chris0

RMS Regular
That front end looks brand new!

Also glad to see I wasn’t the only one with a puff of white smoke today. Panicked at first then realised it’s about -1 and the car hadn’t moved all weekend.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Oh it was cold alright 🥶

first the car been started in a few weeks also.

got to love the sound & smell 🙂

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Built this up again today and went for a blast... plan to enjoy it over the Christmas holidays since it’s been mild enough and haven’t seen the gritter lorry out

tidied up nicely but a lot more to do until it’s sitting the way I want it.
BFF054C1-28AD-4130-BF28-AFD397D592CD.jpeg
611826C2-139A-4FD1-AEBD-9BD2786E14C0.jpeg
38EEDBD6-C7E3-4CC2-B81A-A54595B2C3B8.jpeg

steenson

RMS Regular
Drives
misc 80's/90's
Beaut!

Richard Bradley has a recipe for these cars that just works really well but doesn't appreciate any straying from what he recommends you buy which i understand completely after we picked the car up from his.
Also Stay well away from Those "Benchmark" coil packs, they are *****, I bought mine direct from the retailer on the GTR forum and they turned themselves into blow torches at Bradleys place, if he'd of had the cover back on god knows how much moneys worth would have been lost to fire.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Once I have the money saved up... I plan to upgrade existing bits and upgrade other things a lot @steenson

it’s a labour of love with these cars and the fun part for me is improving it and enjoying it like all my cars.

weathers been a lot colder since building it up, I fully filled it up with super thinking I’d get to use it over the holidays slightly but it’s been parked up in storage unit safe & dry away from the salt

cant stay here for long, need to get the garage sorted ASAP
AC997D4F-FAC6-4D86-872E-759693B1F98F.jpeg

steenson

RMS Regular
Drives
misc 80's/90's
Yea lol it gets very very expensive once you fall into the rabbit hole! still get a tight feeling in the gut when i think of my purchasing trip to powermax for the turbo and manifold.

BTW if you break any wheel studs i think i still have a full set of fronts and rears spare, they are handy enough done. id to do mine after i realised the previous owner had cut them level with the adaptors on the rear :-#

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
Thank you.

Yea there seems to be things you’l notice that ain’t great from previous owners.... the paint work on the add on body parts, front wings & splitter are painted very heavy and the roof has had a smart repair that’s chipped. Not ideal but at least it’s been done and to me that shows the car has had some type of care. The parts invoices show it’s been well looked after but don’t think the painter who done add ons Wasnt the best unless it was a DIY job. It’s very presentable for the age I’m just very fussy and like things perfect.

I plan to redo the parts and roof or more like a full respray once the funds are there. Again there’s no big rush as it’s presentable...although if I get furloughed again think I’ll live in the cousins body shop and work on it. 😂
Been down at a local company called Autotrim, asked him about what he can do to repair small hole on drivers seat bolster, sent me away to source material 🤦🏻‍♂️

I thought about adding new after market seats to the want list but kina like having most of it as OEM as possible and not look to wa nkered with. I like the seats they just need freshened up

Last edited:

steenson

RMS Regular
Drives
misc 80's/90's
Doesn’t sound bad at all in the grand scheme of r33s we seen some dog rough ones looking for mine and that was 8/9 years ago. And I mean rough. Just had to remember they are Japanese cars from the 90s so didn’t have the best paint anyway IMO. Have a look at the likes of japperformanceparts they may have some seats sitting that aren’t on the website, I was able to get a few wee bits and pieces off them.