Skyline Standard boost solenoid

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Skyline-R33

RMS Regular
Drives
Mx-5 Turbo /R33
hi guys basicaly have a problem being trying to put a Hks Boost controller in my skyline but the Hks Solenoid has 3 out going connections but i dont have 3 pipes could someone show me what the standard boost solenoid should look like as i had a manual boost controler in sold it and ripped it out and just joined the pipes with a t-piece and car isint running the best. Compared it to a friends spec 2 who doesnt have a front mount and has a pipe from the boost solonoid to his hard pipe. I have a front mount intercooler filled also so dont have the connection onto the hard pipe.

so im basicaly wanting to see pics of someones to know exactly what pipe goes where

5258528249_967f37f694_z.jpg

paki

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 GTST/gsi car
i haven't got a picture but i can explain it

1, Take one pipe from the intercooler pipework (anywhere pre throttle body will work) and put a T piece in the end of it close to the boost solenoid (this pipe should have a restrictor in it or at least they do standard)
2, Take a second pipe from the T to the actuator (as if it was running straight through the T)
3, Take a third pipe from the T to the boost solenoid
4, take a forth pipe from solenoid to the intake pipe post AFM and pre turbo (there should be a nipple near the end of the steel pipe which the re-circ valve and and rocker covers breath into, it's down low and is awkward to get at)

Skyline-R33

RMS Regular
OP
Skyline-R33
Drives
Mx-5 Turbo /R33
i haven't got a picture but i can explain it

1, Take one pipe from the intercooler pipework (anywhere pre throttle body will work) and put a T piece in the end of it close to the boost solenoid (this pipe should have a restrictor in it or at least they do standard)
2, Take a second pipe from the T to the actuator (as if it was running straight through the T)
3, Take a third pipe from the T to the boost solenoid
4, take a forth pipe from solenoid to the intake pipe post AFM and pre turbo (there should be a nipple near the end of the steel pipe which the re-circ valve and and rocker covers breath into, it's down low and is awkward to get at)

im confused lol my hard piper has no pipes coming from it? anyone have a pic of what mine should look like minus the hks boost solenoid just want to know where pipes go on standard one?

paki

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 GTST/gsi car
is it a standard turbo? you can't get a picture of the standard valve all plumbed up as the pipes run underneath the bigger pipes, i could draw it lol

paki

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 GTST/gsi car
the boost solenoid pipes may need to be swapped to make it work properly but it most likely won't matter

Mark_C

RMS Regular
blow into one of the pipes. the one that air comes out of is the other normally opened port. If you blow into a port and no air comes out, that is a normally closed port.

You want to connect the hoses (turbo compressor to solenoid and wastegate actuator to solenoid) to the normally opened ports.

Simple.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Step 1, take to fast_cav.
Step 2, return or loiter for a hour.
Step 3, pay small amount and be happy knowing he will set it right and check your air/fuel and for DET and advise on what is needed to keep ya right and happy.
Or, skip steps and potentially go and buy one new rb25 or some pistons. lol
0.85 bar really tops for standard ceramic turbo lad.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Is it not as simple as

One pipe to atmosphere
One pipe to turbo actuator
One pipe to anywhere on the inlet side I.E. inlet manifold?

Thats how Cosworth ones are plumbed.

Don't see where or indeed why you'd have any need for a 4th pipe as paki is saying. In fact i'd say his diagram is completely wrong as the boost solenoid won't actually do anything:confounded: His is showing that basically you have the compressor housing connected directly to the actuator = no boost control at all apart from the actuator spring.

I'd be vary wary of pipes being t'd together on your boost control too = Engine meltage.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
amalValve1.png

Ford's own piping diagram. Do that to yours and you can't go far wrong. You just need to find out what outlet is what.

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
oh dear oh dear! ryan take it to someone that has a clue ffs lol

paki

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 GTST/gsi car
Is it not as simple as

One pipe to atmosphere
One pipe to turbo actuator
One pipe to anywhere on the inlet side I.E. inlet manifold?

Thats how Cosworth ones are plumbed.

Don't see where or indeed why you'd have any need for a 4th pipe as paki is saying. In fact i'd say his diagram is completely wrong as the boost solenoid won't actually do anything:confounded: His is showing that basically you have the compressor housing connected directly to the actuator = no boost control at all apart from the actuator spring.

I'd be vary wary of pipes being t'd together on your boost control too = Engine meltage.

my drawing (primative as it is) is how it is plumbed as standad on a skyline, i know this because i have one and i understand how it works, it gives two stages of boost

he wants to hook it up standard and isn't using the hks solenoid

if your unsure get someone to sort it, fast_cav being the first stop

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.