Sl500

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
My brother is looking for an sl500, v8 only, he's based down south so it's cheaper to get one on ni plates than going to England. Anyone know of anything not on the usual sites.

VinR

RMS Regular
OP
V
Drives
E90 330d
He got sorted, deposit left on a 2003 Cl500 with 70k miles. It's a southern reg car from new AFAIK. I'll get a pic up when he lifts it.

dddrrift

RMS Regular
lowering links are available online, you fit them to each level sensor in place of the factory ones, you can then adjust the length of the links to determine the height. Done my SL55 a few years ago now and had no issues!

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
lowering links are available online, you fit them to each level sensor in place of the factory ones, you can then adjust the length of the links to determine the height. Done my SL55 a few years ago now and had no issues!

I’ve self levelling airbags in the rear of my S211. Don’t think the links work for it? From what I’ve read, it’s adjusted via STAR

VinR

RMS Regular
OP
V
Drives
E90 330d
He's working abroad but the car was delivered so I only have this pic. I'll be getting a drive in it Friday.

Screenshot_20220628-160142_Gallery.jpg

VinR

RMS Regular
OP
V
Drives
E90 330d
Had one very similar to this. Honestly, I found it incredibly bland, but it made some awesome sounds and ate up the miles with ease. Best colour IMO.

That will suit him, he's a steady driver. He wanted a good clean car and this one wasn't cheap but only 1 owner and 70k miles.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Would he have an interest in a 2001 S600 V12 with only 57k miles on it? Currently garages and not tested, but as it’s only done about 1,000 miles in the 6 years my aul lad has it, it won’t need anything for the test, so can be put through for him if needs be. Aul lad is in poor health and just wants to thin the fleet.

Xenon headlights, adaptive cruise control, double glazing, rear electric screen, heated and air con’d seats etc. Really well spec’d big bus.

41BFC853-05FA-4F75-A11A-EE32CB208BF0.jpeg

VinR

RMS Regular
OP
V
Drives
E90 330d
Would he have an interest in a 2001 S600 V12 with only 57k miles on it? Currently garages and not tested, but as it’s only done about 1,000 miles in the 6 years my aul lad has it, it won’t need anything for the test, so can be put through for him if needs be. Aul lad is in poor health and just wants to thin the fleet.

Xenon headlights, adaptive cruise control, double glazing, rear electric screen, heated and air con’d seats etc. Really well spec’d big bus.

View attachment 366764

That is class, im sure he would have been interested as it would only have vrt and no vat to pay.
He got a southern reg car from new in the end so no duties to pay on it.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
That will suit him, he's a steady driver. He wanted a good clean car and this one wasn't cheap but only 1 owner and 70k miles.

Mine was low miles, but loads of owners and looked like it was routinely washed with a yard brush :joy: I actually bought it on eBay unseen with a few pints in me at a wedding afterparty after doing the yard of ale. Had to believe these were released 23 years ago however, they have aged very well IMO. Especially with massage seats, double glazing, soft close doors, electric blinds, amazing stuff for the age.

Loads of aluminum in the body though and a composite boot lid, no bodywork to rust except the floor. I done an ABC suspension flush on mine and cleaned up and painted the pipes as they were a little crusty, hoping they didn't leak when I was disturbing them. Also had to remove the rear subframe to replace the bushes on the driveway with a trolley jack in the middle of winter.

The C215 CL was the worlds first car to have Dual-Xenons fitted.

AC

RMS Regular

View attachment 366764

Adaptive cruise control on a 2001 car, class!

Still amazes me that Merc don’t include it as standard across their range considering VAG have been doing it for almost 10 years now.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Adaptive cruise control on a 2001 car, class!

Still amazes me that Merc don’t include it as standard across their range considering VAG have been doing it for almost 10 years now.

It was quite the novelty to play with when I drove it home from Southampton in 2016. There’s a little rolling dial beside the gear selector that lets you set the distance from the car in front, and it worked right down to a crawling pace at various times on the motorway with road works and stuff taking place, which was very handy. Literally set the cruise to 90mph and barely had to have an input other than steering for most of the M6…

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR

View attachment 366764
That is unreal