Small Japanese hatchback wanted

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Looking for a small Japanese hatchback for my mum, something along the lines of a Honda Jazz/Toyota Yaris. Needs to have mot. Ideally looking for something under £1000 but will consider others slightly over the budget too.

Thanks

DreamTheater

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Civic
Not many Honda Jazz's about that are worth looking at. I have been looking for a Jazz Sport with a CVT gearbox for a while.
Yaris/Jazz hold prices well.
£1k is MK1 Yaris money over here.

Have seen this MK2 Yaris 3 door on Facebook

This 1 is MOT'd to Jan 2022, and is a 5 door.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
From initial searches, the choice is limited. I understand why people don't really sell them, they are hard to beat and at that money most just run them into the ground.

DreamTheater

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Civic
Funny I was going to suggest a Corolla as well. Have seen this 1 on Facebook. Apparently same owner for 12 years. Just been serviced and a years MOT.

£795

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
@dh1079 has this
BCD4652D-0CD8-4FCC-AE6C-6D10DCBB3C1D.jpeg

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
Would she drive a Diesel?

She had a diesel civic before but prefers the simplicity of petrol now, bit cheaper to run for all the miles she does too.

Corolla isn't a bad shout! Only slightly longer really

This will outlive all of us lol

They are such a good car, I had one for about 3 years and couldn't destroy it, but I couldn't pay that for it when I gave mine away wjth a full tank of petrol in it lol

Not bad, quite fond of them, but I'm trying to keep her in a Honda or Toyota as I'm used to them.

You nearly got a shout to lift her Auris that exploded, but I managed to get it back OK. Wasn't sure if you were back to work yet, didn't want to bother you.
Funny I was going to suggest a Corolla as well. Have seen this 1 on Facebook. Apparently same owner for 12 years. Just been serviced and a years MOT.

£795

Looks decent, might have a look at that. Cheers

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
She had a diesel civic before but prefers the simplicity of petrol now, bit cheaper to run for all the miles she does too.

They are such a good car, I had one for about 3 years and couldn't destroy it, but I couldn't pay that for it when I gave mine away wjth a full tank of petrol in it lol

Not bad, quite fond of them, but I'm trying to keep her in a Honda or Toyota as I'm used to them.

You nearly got a shout to lift her Auris that exploded, but I managed to get it back OK. Wasn't sure if you were back to work yet, didn't want to bother you.

Looks decent, might have a look at that. Cheers
Yes mate actually back out yesterday after his funeral, need to keep at it and make him proud