SMART repair insurance recommendations

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
Sister is about to purchase a new car with the diamond cut wheels she wants to get some sort of insurance. I used to have the Hurst’s carsmedic SMART insurance which was handy. Does anyone have any recommendations if there is anyone else that’s better value?

Cheers

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Sister is about to purchase a new car with the diamond cut wheels she wants to get some sort of insurance. I used to have the Hurst’s carsmedic SMART insurance which was handy. Does anyone have any recommendations if there is anyone else that’s better value?

Cheers
Tidy alloys, 100% recommended.
I purchased alloy insurance, and cosmetic insurance from them. I've used both also.
Have had two car door small dents removed under the cosmetic policy, and two alloys repaired under the other policy.

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
OP
Jrooney06
Drives
F30 M Sport
Tidy alloys, 100% recommended.
I purchased alloy insurance, and cosmetic insurance from them. I've used both also.
Have had two car door small dents removed under the cosmetic policy, and two alloys repaired under the other policy.
Thanks I’ll have a look!

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Thanks I’ll have a look!
They are still building their database of local N.I repair businesses, but they are equally happy to let you pay, and they reimburse you.
My door dings were removed by Dentman NI, once the repair is approved, I just took the car to him and paid him directly, they reimbursed me that evening.
But they have added him to the list of approved repairers.
Same thing with my AMG alloys, alloy wheel repairs NI did the last repair, and they reimbursed me.
But they do now have a good number of alloys repair businesses.

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
OP
Jrooney06
Drives
F30 M Sport
They are still building their database of local N.I repair businesses, but they are equally happy to let you pay, and they reimburse you.
My door dings were removed by Dentman NI, once the repair is approved, I just took the car to him and paid him directly, they reimbursed me that evening.
But they have added him to the list of approved repairers.
Same thing with my AMG alloys, alloy wheel repairs NI did the last repair, and they reimbursed me.
But they do now have a good number of alloys repair businesses.
Did you have to buy 2 separate policies for alloy wheels and body. Couldn’t see a policy for both all in one but may be mistaken.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Did you have to buy 2 separate policies for alloy wheels and body. Couldn’t see a policy for both all in one but may be mistaken.
Yeah, I had to buy two. For all they cost, I thought based on other peoples feedback they would be worth it.

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
Are there any limitations, say for corrosion of diamond cut alloys?

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Are there any limitations, say for corrosion of diamond cut alloys?
I don't remember reading any exclusions like that.
There is a policy claim limit on the alloy one, either number of claims, or a value, I can't remember
I'll check the policy document when I'm home later.
My policy is the prestige one, so it covers alloy repairs up to the value of £200

Reactions: PDK

ShaunB

RMS Regular
just looking on line, there are a few conditions which seem fair enough.

For Standard Cover the vehicle must be less than 7 years old and have covered less than 100,000 miles when you purchase cover.
For Prestige Cover the vehicle must be less than 5 years old and have covered less than 50,000 miles when you purchase cover.
You must have purchased the vehicle within the last 90 days.
The vehicles alloy wheels must be free from damage when you purchase cover
The alloy wheels must be the manufacturer fitted and supplied wheels, not aftermarket such as Wolfrace, OZ Racing etc
The vehicle will not be used for hire, reward, competition and is not owned/leased by a person or business involved in carrying out repairs, sales or servicing of vehicles. For example, Taxi, Courier, mechanic, car salesman.
The vehicle is registered and kept principally in the UK

The exclusions section, I suppose you could nearly say that corrosion isn't covered based on this.

Reactions: PDK

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Alloy insurance definitely gone up since I took out my policy, mine was £170 for 36 months, as I checked it the other day out of curiosity to see when it expires.

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
OP
Jrooney06
Drives
F30 M Sport
Alloy insurance definitely gone up since I took out my policy, mine was £170 for 36 months, as I checked it the other day out of curiosity to see when it expires.
Ended up taking the alloy insurance from them for the 3 years at 249. Talking to them they have quite a few customers over here so that eased my concerns. Iirc hurst’s carsmedic insurance was 500 for 3 years alloy and cosmetic so they aren’t any more expensive. Thanks 👍🏼

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Ended up taking the alloy insurance from them for the 3 years at 249. Talking to them they have quite a few customers over here so that eased my concerns. Iirc hurst’s carsmedic insurance was 500 for 3 years alloy and cosmetic so they aren’t any more expensive. Thanks 👍🏼
Excellent.
On the couple of occasions I've used them, they've been great.
They were recommended to me on a Mercedes forum, two of the guys recommending them were also from here.