Smart repair?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

c_rad

RMS Regular
Managed to remove a little paint from the bottom of the rear arch on the car.... Not happy.
Any one recommend anyone for a good quality smart repair?

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Where are you based, will help with recommendations.

Personally wouldn't go near a smart repair.
You could get it fixed properly for around £150 or so.

c_rad

RMS Regular
OP
c_rad
Newtownabbey area, would have the old man do it but getting the car away into his work to get it done is always a pain.
Thought these smart repairs were a good job :oops:

Anyone recommend somewhere decent? Possibly looking to get the bonnet done as well due to stone chips.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Depends how fussy you are and if the car is a daily get you from A-B or something cherished. A smart repair will probably never be right and come back again

c_rad

RMS Regular
OP
c_rad
Blairs isn't far away, only heard good things.
Will give them a shout, car is a daily but want the things done right. Hate a half done job. Thought the smart repairs were a decent job... live and learn.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Depends on the car but if it was me and I was only considering a smart repair then I wouldn bother at all, there is no middle ground with bodywork with me, if it's a daily for me it gets zero attention I happily kick doors closed if my hands are full. If it's my toy then paint it properly etc.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Blairs isn't far away, only heard good things.
Will give them a shout, car is a daily but want the things done right. Hate a half done job. Thought the smart repairs were a decent job... live and learn.

100% go to WJ Blair in Doagh. Check out their FaceBook page for some of their work.

I've been through the smart repair process before. In short I could have done a better quality job with a roller and a tin of Hammerite. There was minimal cost savings between that and a body shop. So IMO there is no reason not to go to a good body shop.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Any idea roughly what WJ Blair in Doagh charge per panel these days?

Neil_M

RMS Regular
100% go to WJ Blair in Doagh. Check out their FaceBook page for some of their work.

I've been through the smart repair process before. In short I could have done a better quality job with a roller and a tin of Hammerite. There was minimal cost savings between that and a body shop. So IMO there is no reason not to go to a good body shop.

Not a clue to be honest. I would imaginable there are quite a few variables, though I'm no expert.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.