Smashed the clio :(

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

kylep

RMS Regular
Drives
2009 BMW 320d
Sorry to hear that lad had seen you past couple weekends car looked well.
Glad everyone was ok, but being honest anytime I had seen you in cookstown or dungannon you had been going too hard.
Wat night was this? where abouts it happen?
You will be sore for right while i was in a smash in a 206 not too long ago we hit a wall and i am still sore from it at times. That boy was an r driver too and nothin has happened yet he just got cautioned so dont worry too much.

delboy

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf TDi
holy ****! sorry to hear that mate.

at the end of the day BJ, you never know if he came round that corner at 40, 45mph etc he may still have got the speed wobble and crashed.

Ruth

RMS Regular
Sorry but i dont know how everyone on here who has ever driven can sit and whinge at him for speeding etc.

Yeah we all know it was wrong, especially him, but who can honestly put their hand up and say "yeah ive NEVER once went over the limit or acted the fool"?

He's lost his car which in my eyes would be enough to wise anybody up! Get over yourselves, no ones perfect on the road.

Sorry to hear bout it kiddo, if your sellin the wheels let me know...

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
bigrichybyrne said:
*wonders why HIS insurance so so f**kin dear*

:roll: :roll:

exactly. in fairness, he did say he wasnt goin to claim for it. but i see your point

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
not good at all lad but good to hear ur all safe!

u said earlier u mite be breaking it? id be interested in the standard rear bumper and not the valence

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
clio_styling said:
I know what you's mean. It was totally pointless to put there lives at risk. I feel so stupid for not just goin easy. I defo learned my lesson the hard way & never want to experience it again.

Would the majority not say that this is a lesson we have all had to learn?(Be truly honest here, though i know not everyone has, we are not all born with built in maturity).

I think we're being a bit hard on clio lad here, i think he's genuinely learnt his lesson and its a bonus no-one was tragically hurt or killed.

I look back and i can say that some of the scariest/worst moments i've had are when friends are on board. Why is this? Who knows, i think showing off is the main cause. I also look back and say 'Why the fook did i do that and do this?'. 'Fvk it, whats done is done', no point in punishing yourself about it, its already happened and thats that!

It took balls to come on the forum and tell everyone what happened and display pictures of his once cherished chariot. Though clio lad was not concerned about the onslaught we usually give, instead, he posted in the hope that someone else will learn from his mistake.

Fair play mate!

Dermot

Sir Saxalot said:
clio_styling said:
I know what you's mean. It was totally pointless to put there lives at risk. I feel so stupid for not just goin easy. I defo learned my lesson the hard way & never want to experience it again.

Would the majority not say that this is a lesson we have all had to learn?(Be truly honest here, though i know not everyone has, we are not all born with built in maturity).

I think we're being a bit hard on clio lad here, i think he's genuinely learnt his lesson and its a bonus no-one was tragically hurt or killed.

I look back and i can say that some of the scariest/worst moments i've had are when friends are on board. Why is this? Who knows, i think showing off is the main cause. I also look back and say 'Why the fook did i do that and do this?'. 'Fvk it, whats done is done', no point in punishing yourself about it, its already happened and thats that!

It took balls to come on the forum and tell everyone what happened and display pictures of his once cherished chariot. Though clio lad was not concerned about the onslaught we usually give, instead, he posted in the hope that someone else will learn from his mistake.

Fair play mate!

Amen :grinning:

ewok

RMS Regular
sorry mate about the car. get a shell for it their about 400 quid and get her back on the road asap bigger and better thats what i did and look at mine now or be the first on in the world with a drop top clio[get the grinder out]

Dermot

ewok said:
sorry mate about the car. get a shell for it their about 400 quid and get her back on the road asap bigger and better thats what i did and look at mine now or be the first on in the world with a drop top clio[get the grinder out]

Do what he says, Trainors wont give you £200 for it.... No scrap yard will, for the price of a new shell you could have the car back on the road and start doing it up again ;)

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
glad you and your friends are ok mate. I know that when you do anything to your car, never mind writing it off, its the worst feeling in the world at the time and no amount of 'advise' from others after the event will help that...

Try not to let it get you down. Cars are all replaceable at the end of the day, and you and your friends are ok, so be thankful.

move on, a wiser person.

SeanM86

RMS Regular
OP
SeanM86
Drives
Clio 182
Dermot said:
ewok said:

Do what he says, Trainors wont give you £200 for it.... No scrap yard will, for the price of a new shell you could have the car back on the road and start doing it up again ;)

I couldnt care less how much i get for the car now. Give it to a crusher r something lol. Tho the engine doesnt seem to be too bad.

Still it was a hard blow for us but we got out alrite, and thats the main thing

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Glad to hear your mates werent hurt, R plates are in place for a reason, pity you hadnt stuck to 45 as you have ruined a nice wee car, obviously you are spoilt rotten if you can afford not to put it through the insurance.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.