Smelly aircon

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

theniftyfox

Drives
Audi A4 sport
I have used the cleaner twice and it is back, It never started to stink until i replaced the pollen filter any idea folks. It's on a 2005 audi A4.

Red Head

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Le Mans
Is pollen filter inside the car (like mine) or in the engine bay-could be a wet pollen filter and hence smelly. Could simply be a leak somewhere near the filter, especially after changing it?

theniftyfox

OP
T
Drives
Audi A4 sport
My filter is under the bonnet, the aircon was fine until one day i checked the filter and it was dirty so i got a new one. A week later and the aircon started to smell, it's doing my head in it only smells for the first minute or so then it kinda clears.

Red Head

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Le Mans
Mine did the same until the pollen filter was changed, thankfully it stopped after being replaced. The musty odour could still be in the system, could take a while of using the aircon to make it disappear... Make sure you use the aircon every time you are in the car, mine was down to a lack of use!

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Did you use the air con much this last few months??? If not it could be mildew and bacteria building up on the system... Are pollen filters in the engine bay on an A4 and not the usual under the scuttle panel area??? :confounded: As i think you are on the money Jen...

Can get the whole air con system serviced for bout £45 at Kwik Fit... Thats oils, re-gassing etc etc :grinning:

theniftyfox

OP
T
Drives
Audi A4 sport
My filter is under the scuttle panel, and yes used the aircon a brave bit going to try another filter and see if it helps thanks for your help folks.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Hmmm, well if you've been using it there shouldnt be much aof a build up of crap, but you are meant to service the aircon every couple of years apparently to keep it healthy, maybe an idea if the filter doesnt work :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.