Snow foam lance

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I am totally fed up trying to get my old foam lance to work so what’s the best one to use now and where is the cheapest to buy from .have orchard snowfoam and anachem so I don’t need a package just the lance will do unless it’ works out cheaper to take a lance and foam .

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
@zafturbo whats wrong with your foam lance?

Mine wasn't foaming right for a few weeks, was ready to chuck it and buy a new one, but some great advice from @Mark315 saved it

Davey@Procar

RMS Trader
i am out of stock again cant keep enuff lances recently, I normally keep the pa Italian lances or another brand that's cheaper but made in Italy aswell, due this week or next.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
I use the Cleantec one myself.

b98ad0e5-790d-4e09-8464-6bd4487d6ee7-jpeg.1386262

With @Big Pimp 's snowfoam.

I think when they stop foaming there's a gause or something you can replace.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Aye YouTube guide on splitting cleaning and rebuilding if you can be bothered... mine clogged again a few weeks later so just got a new one off Davy... couldn’t complain I’d had the last one about eight years of constant use 2-3 times a week usually

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
@zafturbo whats wrong with your foam lance?

Mine wasn't foaming right for a few weeks, was ready to chuck it and buy a new one, but some great advice from @Mark315 saved it
Doing exactly that ,not foaming .i have had I stripped and cleaned but it’s still no use .doing my head in it is.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Did you replace the little gauze filter. They are only about a fiver and make a massive difference if your old one has become clogged.

RCT

RMS Regular
That’s exactly the prob with them. Some of the chemicals can clog them, we’ve not had any issues with Glimmerman or Anachem stuff, but we did with other products. That coupled with dirt getting into the filter too! It’s a simple gauze to strip and replace.

I use the Nilfisk ones at work and also on my trucks and have had no issues. Don’t waste time trying to clean gauze, just replace it!

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Doing exactly that ,not foaming .i have had I stripped and cleaned but it’s still no use .doing my head in it is.
Stripped mine, put all the parts including the small filter thingy in a bucket of Articulate for an hour or so. Built it up again and it's foaming better than its done in years(y)

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
Stripped mine, put all the parts including the small filter thingy in a bucket of Articulate for an hour or so. Built it up again and it's foaming better than its done in years(y)
Will have a go but think it’s goosed tbh.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
My first Autobrite lance lasted 6 years and was used at least once a week, I was that impressed with it I am now onto my second one, if you're not up near Woodcutters try A&R Autoparts at Ledcom as they are Autobrite stockists, they may have to order it in though as they only keep a small stock.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
My first Autobrite lance lasted 6 years and was used at least once a week, I was that impressed with it I am now onto my second one, if you're not up near Woodcutters try A&R Autoparts at Ledcom as they are Autobrite stockists, they may have to order it in though as they only keep a small stock.
Ordered a new gauze for it for a whole £1.19p so will try it when it comes and if no use I will get a new one .

zafturbo

RMS Regular
OP
zafturbo
Has anyone used the ez carcare lance .its only £15 in there sale this week .

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.