Snow foam

bikeit

RMS Regular
I use Anachem Ultra foam along with a Cleantec snow foam lance on a Nilfisk powerwasher but I can never get the foam to be of a thick consistency, have tried mixing the product double what is recommended but it doesn't seem to make much difference, anyone offer any help?

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Is there an adjustable flow nozzle on the top of the canon? Also, how long have you had it and have you either cleaned or replaced the internal gauze?

bikeit

RMS Regular
OP
bikeit
Yes there is an adjustable nozzle, but if I make any changes to it what's coming out it like water, have it about 2 years and have never cleaned or replaced the gauze.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I use the same bottle from cleantec and mine works ok with the Anachem snowfoam and if you want it will come out like shaving foam. What ratio are you using?

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
I’d say it’s the gauze. Mine is coming up 2yrs old now and same symptoms as yours

used to make a nice thick foam

This is the one I replace with

Reactions: ALN

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
I’d say it’s the gauze. Mine is coming up 2yrs old now and same symptoms as yours

used to make a nice thick foam

This is the one I replace with
Never thought to look for this. Good shout! Bought 2 for £6 there on Amazon that looks the same

MarkM

RMS Regular
I use an AutoGlym foam gun with 4 small caps of Anachem snow foam on a Nilfisk E160 washer, looks like this.....

E4AF6005-F383-4010-89B1-92639B6D894A.jpeg

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Yes there is an adjustable nozzle, but if I make any changes to it what's coming out it like water, have it about 2 years and have never cleaned or replaced the gauze.

Turn it all the was to the minus symbol and a quarter turn back, that'll be it at it's most foamiest. If it's still poor, change the gauze, they are only a couple of quid.

bikeit

RMS Regular
OP
bikeit
I use the same bottle from cleantec and mine works ok with the Anachem snowfoam and if you want it will come out like shaving foam. What ratio are you using?
I tried it at 10 to 1 20 to 1 and the recommended ratio 25 to 1 no difference.
Never thought to look for this. Good shout! Bought 2 for £6 there on Amazon that looks the same
Buddy do you have a link?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
as everyone else has said, change the gauze - its cheap as chips and should make a massive difference straight away.

Walder

RMS Regular
I always found my £9 one from China would do the same if you stopped the flow water would come out.

But adjusting the + & - always brought it back to a good foam. I may take it apart and replace the gauze.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
You can clean the gauge out, throw it in brake cleaner and give it a shake it'll clean all out. I used a small bottle filled a bit and gave it a shake.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
You can clean the gauge out, throw it in brake cleaner and give it a shake it'll clean all out. I used a small bottle filled a bit and gave it a shake.

ive done that and also Coca Cola before and did a decent job. Still found a new gauze gave me more foam though

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
yeah, any good descaled with a degreasing element will revitalise the gauze, although for the price of them its worth having a couple spare

bikeit

RMS Regular
OP
bikeit
All sorted guys new gauze fitted, is it ok to make up a bottle of snowfoam until you next use it, or make up as go to use it?

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I have done both, never experience any loss in foaming with the mixture that has been made up to a few weeks before I have actually used it.

bikeit

RMS Regular
OP
bikeit
Update, new gauze fitted and I just washed the car it doesn't matter how much I fiddle around with the + & - setting on the foam lance the foam still isn't a thick consistency. Anyone offer any help.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Update, new gauze fitted and I just washed the car it doesn't matter how much I fiddle around with the + & - setting on the foam lance the foam still isn't a thick consistency. Anyone offer any help.
How much foam in bottle itself?