Snow foaming

bikeit

RMS Regular
OP
bikeit
Got to try the Articulate, Snow foam, Gleam and ultragloss earlier I'm impressed, I applied the Articulate by a pressure sprayer then applied the Snow foam rinsed it all off hand washed with Gleam and a wash mitt, rinsed again then applied Ultragloss in a spray bottle. All products were mixed at recommend ratios. If I want to increase the thickness of the Snow foam is it safe to increase the product to water ratio?

Attachments

• IMG_20180608_204633.jpg
    IMG_20180608_204633.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_20180608_204705.jpg
    IMG_20180608_204705.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20180608_204651.jpg
    IMG_20180608_204651.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20180608_204744.jpg
    IMG_20180608_204744.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_20180608_204722.jpg
    IMG_20180608_204722.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_20180608_204929.jpg
    IMG_20180608_204929.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 157

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Got to try the Articulate, Snow foam, Gleam and ultragloss earlier I'm impressed, I applied the Articulate by a pressure sprayer then applied the Snow foam rinsed it all off hand washed with Gleam and a wash mitt, rinsed again then applied Ultragloss in a spray bottle. All products were mixed at recommend ratios. If I want to increase the thickness of the Snow foam is it safe to increase the product to water ratio?
Super mate.

And yes. UltraFoam can be increased as and when necessary
Was actually talking to an old forum member who needs to use it at 2 different ratios in 2 different machines!

bikeit

RMS Regular
OP
bikeit
Cheers BP, fantastic service, next product i will be looking to try will be Purge and tyre shine.

Last edited:

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Bump
Changed the gauze on my foam gun and it was working great. But it’s started to deliver the foam in pulses. Foam, then water, then foam. Gauzes should last more than 10 washes I’d imagine? Anyone else had this issue. I took the gauze out and cleaned it. Made no difference
I’m using rubbish snow foam. Maybe that’s clogging the filter

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Bump
Changed the gauze on my foam gun and it was working great. But it’s started to deliver the foam in pulses. Foam, then water, then foam. Gauzes should last more than 10 washes I’d imagine? Anyone else had this issue. I took the gauze out and cleaned it. Made no difference

think you’ve answered your own question there. Aye gauzes should last way longer than ten washes.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Bump
I noticed my power washer does this for some reason if I stop the trigger and go to start again have to take foam lance off and squirt water out then back on. Not sure why tbh

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Power washer has just died. It must have been on its last legs.
fs need a new washer now

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
I noticed my power washer does this for some reason if I stop the trigger and go to start again have to take foam lance off and squirt water out then back on. Not sure why tbh
Sounds like air in system

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I give up with foam lances .my first one lasted about 8 washes if that and got a new one and it worked for 2 washes and it now just putting basically water out with no foam whatsoever .god only knows what’s happened .yeaterday I used the wee foam bottle that came free with the machine and it worked a treat .,,

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Any washer recommendations? Need to decide what type I want first. Tempted with a petrol one. But is a hot wash really worth the extra?

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Any washer recommendations? Need to decide what type I want first. Tempted with a petrol one. But is a hot wash really worth the extra?

A heated/hot one is great but they cost a fortune for anything decent. I've a wee basic Nilfisk C130.?? (can't remember the last bit) and other than trigger handles breaking, I'm on my 3rd, it's been great in the near 10 years or so I've had it.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
A heated/hot one is great but they cost a fortune for anything decent. I've a wee basic Nilfisk C130.?? (can't remember the last bit) and other than trigger handles breaking, I'm on my 3rd, it's been great in the near 10 years or so I've had it.
I haven't priced anything yet. Forget about the hot wash then
The washer I had was park side from Lidl. Was only like £70 but it didn’t even last 3 years! So I’d like a bit more quality this time

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Thanks Ross, I’ll have a look
I bought a karcher k2 back in 2001. It's still going strong. I tried a couple of Vax machines that were on offer, but they weren't great, so I sold them on. Currently have a karcher K7 and it's an outstanding machine. Cable and hose storage on the machine is very useful indeed, and very easy to use. Karcher also sells these on their outlet site, so keep an eye out there as there appears to be some great bargains to be had.
Good luck.
Cooks

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I haven't priced anything yet. Forget about the hot wash then
The washer I had was park side from Lidl. Was only like £70 but it didn’t even last 3 years! So I’d like a bit more quality this time

Stick with Karcher or Nilfisk then. I'd say Nilfisk as you're not paying as much for the name. Check Clean Store online ( Clean Store - pressure washers, vacuum cleaners, steam cleaners) too, that's where I got mine (and a few other things over the years) and there service was always faultless.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Same here, only had to strip it once in all that time as there was a wee bit of grit blocking it. It's a PA one from @Davey@Procar

I've been using the same one from @Davey@Procar for years too. I'm just about to change the little jet inside to a 1.1mm orifice and might as well clean the gauze while I'm at it. Never had an issue and get used at lease once a week, sometimes twice.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Thanks guys. I’ve decided against an electric one. I find them very inconvenient. The hose is wound around a tiny reel, it’s a two man job to get it unraveled. There’s also too much plastic in them. My last one had lumps knocked out of every corner
So I’m looking at cheap petrol ones since it’s just being used for the car(s). We have a tractor driven power washer. But I’m not sure I can get a snow foam gun to adapt to it. The water pipe in it is massive
So that’s another option

@Gareth the orifice mod makes a good difference

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
The original jet works fine, but I fancy the 1.1mm orifice for a bit more foaming. This is what I get from a Karcher K4 and KKD Blizzard through the ProCar lance.

Screenshot_20191104-142412_Hik-Connect.jpg

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Looks good. It’s the only thing I like about washing cars haha

ShaunB

RMS Regular
I'm new to this snow foam game, but since visiting PMG for the training day I've decided to give it a go.
I purchased the attached snowfowm bottle.
Now the stupid question.
Do I mix the snowfoam with water, or is it just neat into the bottle and then the lance mixes, the adjuster on the top of the bottle controls how much stuff is sucked up it says

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• snowfoam.jpg
    snowfoam.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 58

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Pour snow foam into the bottle. About 2 inches worth, or more if you want more foam
Then fill the rest of the bottle with warm water

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I'm new to this snow foam game, but since visiting PMG for the training day I've decided to give it a go.
I purchased the attached snowfowm bottle.
Now the stupid question.
Do I mix the snowfoam with water, or is it just neat into the bottle and then the lance mixes, the adjuster on the top of the bottle controls how much stuff is sucked up it says

Thanks in advance.

Read the label for instructions. Anachem stuff is a strong concentrate, I think it's like 40ml product for 1ltr of water, the stuff I'm using at the minute is 100ml per litre.

As for the top adjuster, I set mine to full open and a quarter turn back as that gives me the best results.