"So I bought a Camaro"

Ace_vaux

RMS Regular
Drives
Mustang
I had an SS Camaro rented in the states a few years back, was an awesome car to drive but had next to **** all visibility when driving which was a pain. But I Loved how it flicked from V4 to V8 when driving sensibly/mad.

HTD

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Saw this and thought it was funny

138FF99A-00F8-4AE0-9E22-2B81AC47CD84.jpeg

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
OP
Maranellohouse
Drives
Italian
Zombie building?

Allstate. If you watch them coming out of the bottom doors of the station it's like something from the Walking Dead. Heads down buried in their phones, headphones on, straight out onto the road, not even paying attention to all the cars and taxi's heading their way. I've spent a few occasions trying to herd them onto the footpath to no avail and even got Allstate to email all staff to use the footpath but nope not happening. it's only a matter of time before one of them gets cleaned by a taxi.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Yes from me. You’re living the dream, enjoy it and have fun with it!

No one in the real world is going to look at a Camaro, see those caps and think “Oof, bit tacky”

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Yes from me. You’re living the dream, enjoy it and have fun with it!

No one in the real world is going to look at a Camaro, see those caps and think “Oof, bit tacky”

I would hence my comment. Transformers has been done to the death on these types of cars. Just keep it original. Just because its an American V8 tank doesnt mean it has to have these kind of things. Other ways to have fun, as in cut all the boxes out of it lol

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Big thank you to Davy of Procar for all your help in supplying my shiny new springs for the Camaro. Lovely to meet you. What a great setup you have and needless to say I'll be visiting again.

View attachment 244089
will look great on the lowering springs.

Procar is dangerous lol... wander in to buy 2-3 microfibres, spend 75 quid on gear you didn't know you wanted or needed.

When davy breaks out his little calculator you know your in trouble

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
OP
Maranellohouse
Drives
Italian
So time to start fitting the new springs and I’ll say from the start that next to a Fiat Panda this is the easiest spring change I’ve ever done.

Loosen all the 24mm bolts, 10mm that holds the brake line, 19mm for the drop link,

A094EAD4-DE35-42DD-A456-9E93986D79FB.jpeg

0CAE4E7B-EA18-4A71-A0D9-ECCB56077C51.jpeg

47394D5E-C0CF-4E3C-8353-4ABFA562631E.jpeg

Loosen the 24mm on the turret

E8CD1E7A-6502-4136-83BF-FC499C7ED50C.jpeg

And that’s it out.

153640E4-2509-443D-B851-6887E7E4CE28.jpeg

Then it’s a case of removing the other 24mm that holds the spring in and job done. Yes you may have noticed no spring compressors, no need, the spring isn’t load bearing.

AE4A0158-3AAF-4601-B204-9A29C3CA2F61.jpeg

New spring in, and all bolted up. 40 minutes all in.

0124B2AA-CDAE-454E-9D65-1E81E57261B5.jpeg

Oh and I’ll spray the dampers before putting the wheels back on.

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
OP
Maranellohouse
Drives
Italian
With putting the lower springs in I thought it prudent to fit adjustable anti-roll bar droplinks as well. All matched up and adjusted for the lower setup.

269033FE-9652-4371-AE9D-B4BF23DB080A.jpeg

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
OP
Maranellohouse
Drives
Italian
Small update. Been driving the car pretty much as my daily over the last few months, not that I've been out much with lockdown and working from home but all the same its been enjoyable. Took itchy feet again and put it up for sale and went looking for something else a bit different, then the other night my mate called me to say he is thinking about branching off into car photography and that he wanted a few shot of the car. Off we went and took photos.

IMG_2853.jpeg

IMG_2852_opt.jpg

IMG_2851_opt.jpg

Needless to say I've caught myself on and the itchy feet have moved on.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
That looks class, great to see an American car on the roads.

Is that the Ciaran O'Neill from Lurgan? Great photos. He did my sisters wedding about 15 years ago.

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
OP
Maranellohouse
Drives
Italian
After 2 years of ownership its time for the Camaro to move on to a new home. It has been a great car to own, easy to drive so easy that it pretty much became my daily runner. But on to pastures new now as the car left for its new home in Dublin. What if anything will be next I wonder.

IMG_3548.jpeg