Solar Panels and Home Battery

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
So we got out last 3 month bill from PowerNI which was £714. We have an electric car and I work from home quite a lot. Have things like a condenser washer dryer but also the wife has a 13kw ceramics kiln (this runs at nights only). From 26th Oct to 29th Jan we used 1424 day units and 1087 night units... All meter readings are down by NIE and myself submitting to the portal.

Can someone recommend a few installer for Antrim/Crumlin area who can do panels + batteries and are willing to do quotes? (I know the ceramics kiln wouldn't be fed by the batteries). Unfortunately we have a East/West roof but I understand that potentially we could fill both sides and have high generation when the sun hits both sides (max 3.6 to grid but rest to batteries assuming we dont use all the generated electric)..

I've looked online at Solarfix and solarpowerni who install panels with 25 and 30 year guarantee's for generation but I have no idea if these guys are recommended? SolarPowerNI seems to have a load of pictures online from jobs they've done.

a4turbos

RMS Regular
Solmatix installed ours and they were excellent. They were based around Nutts corner but they were bought over a few years ago, Neville Bell is still very involved. Definitely worth a call as they have been doing it longer than most, and haven't disappeared into the sunset like many.

Ace_vaux

RMS Regular
Drives
Mustang
Solmatix installed ours and they were excellent. They were based around Nutts corner but they were bought over a few years ago, Neville Bell is still very involved. Definitely worth a call as they have been doing it longer than most, and haven't disappeared into the sunset like many.

Neville still owns them and has brought them back up to nutts corner. They did my install and couldn’t have been happier with them.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Nice little surprise from power NI

They backdated it based on app readings as I only got the export meter fitted after about a year

IMG_0424.jpeg