Solar Panels and Home Battery

-herc-

RMS Regular
If that's from one item, it's around 600w so you're looking for something like a computer tower or a heated floor mat under a tiled floor? The only way to definitely track it down is to monitor each circuit from your consumer unit with a power monitor.

The only things left on is 2 Alexa devices , fridge/freezer, broadband and deco Wi-Fi boasters. Also the robot hoover

It’s strange. Some days I have 0.5kw used by lunch time and other days it’s 3.5kw before we even get up. Nothing is left on overnight.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
What is the deal with export payments these days? We’ve the panels in 7 years now and after a couple of years we sort of stopped tracking it daily so I haven’t been following things! We changed our wifi router in 2019 and I forgot to update the inverter so unfortunately have no data for the past four years (kicking myself). I worked out how to do it so it’s back online again now. We do submit our figures for the export and roc payments when required throughout the year. But is it possible to get a different export payment by getting a different rate from a particular electricity supplier?

Cheers.
View attachment 397191

I believe only Power NI and Click buy excess. PowerNI advertise their rate and it changes each October, I've no idea what Click pays or when it changes.

Ace_vaux

RMS Regular
Drives
Mustang
Yup, up from 7-8p last year. It'll be going down again in a few months.

It’s fixed until October.

Today I’ve over 17kw generated so far and exported 12 units so far so it’s over £2. I’ll be flat out exporting to maximise benefit payment.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
The daily KW/h per day recently hasn’t as great as I’d expect with the longer days. Averaging around 20kWh

Had over 30 KW/h last month one day.

Ghost

RMS Regular
The daily KW/h per day recently hasn’t as great as I’d expect with the longer days. Averaging around 20kWh

Had over 30 KW/h last month one day.
Averaging around 23/24 this month so far. Im relatively happy with that to be fair

Jason

RMS Regular
Has anyone any experience of the Solis app? Its constantly reading the exact same consumption as yield and imported. I tried disconnecting the CT clamps and still reads the same, is it an app issue?
IMG_8914.png

This is with the building doing nothing, still shows a "consumption"

Ghost

RMS Regular
Has anyone any experience of the Solis app? Its constantly reading the exact same consumption as yield and imported. I tried disconnecting the CT clamps and still reads the same, is it an app issue?
View attachment 399515

This is with the building doing nothing, still shows a "consumption"
You're building will always consume unless u trip the entire building, but not sure why the readings are the same. Did u refresh or log out and on again?

Jason

RMS Regular
You're building will always consume unless u trip the entire building, but not sure why the readings are the same. Did u refresh or log out and on again?
Its been like that since day 1, I turned off every trip on the board and it still reads the same, always showing the exact consumption as production.

Ghost

RMS Regular
Jesus lads. Just check my app.

The last two weeks have hit well above 25kw per day. Most days have maxed out at 32.8.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
My biggest issue is the inverter can only put out around 4KW so once you go over that (hot tub on) it’ll import anyway and I’m still exporting loads

Ghost

RMS Regular
My biggest issue is the inverter can only put out around 4KW so once you go over that (hot tub on) it’ll import anyway and I’m still exporting loads
Yup we're the same. We do all washing etc first thing and try spread it out.

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
Its good to be back into decent generation weather. Should be a nice payment for export this year too averaging 80kw a day this past few weeks.
My battery's are sitting on a pallet to collect I'm debating another string to take the PV upto 16kw. If the export stays at 18p i might take a punt at it next year.

-herc-

RMS Regular
I’m exporting at least 15kw day. My issue is beteeen 12am and 3am I use 3kw every day. Can’t work out what it is

-herc-

RMS Regular
Fridge/Freezer? Outside lights -sensors?

Nothing changes though and one or two days it would be 0.7kw.

Just fridge/freezer. The ovens are all switched off at mains. Outside lights are switched off over summer. The ring flood lights are switched off too. Can’t work out what it is.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Any PIR lights? Water pumps? Septic tank pumps, anything like that?

I had a septic tank pump that was stuck on full time that I would never have noticed only for knowing what the house normally uses roughly and noticing it was way up on what it should be on what the Eddi was showing. Worked out it was on the garage circuit and from there realised it was the septic tank. Would've been a fortune is it was never discovered.