Sold as Seen Ep 22: Aircooled Drag Racing on Sold as Seen Podcast with Ben Lawrence

•   
See the blog feature on this - In this episode, we talk to Ben Lawrence (@56oval), who with the backing of Straightliners will be timing a series of drag racing events here in NI. Despite living in the province for nearly two decades he hasn't lost a hint of his Essex accent, and we talk about his obsession with aircooled VWs, drag racing and how he relishes the challenge of getting on the tools of carbureted classics Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

Last edited:

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Got listening today! I used to watch a lot of drag racing videos on YouTube, would be awesome to actually get to some live events here. There was only one time I seen some drag racing and it was chucking it down! The Double Cross Beetle was there and its the loudest thing I've ever heard😂 I've seen videos of it wheelying but that day it just done lots of burnouts! Zero traction lol

Cheers for disgussing my eFuels topic! Good to hear some other thoughts 😂 but as @Big Pimp says you could easily fall down a conspiracy rabbit hole with it all but that's partly why I thought it would make a good topic😂

Anyways, good show and looking forward to the next👍🏻

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Cheers for disgussing my eFuels topic! Good to hear some other thoughts 😂 but as @Big Pimp says you could easily fall down a conspiracy rabbit hole with it all but that's partly why I thought it would make a good topic😂
I think it’s something @Cooper @Gaz and I will discuss a bit more when we have some time to talk crap on the next podcast!

I’ve been reading more into it!!!

c_rad

RMS Regular
Really enjoyable listen this one, felt like a long gap between podcasts when it wasn't really. Think I ran out of other stuff quicker this time lol

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
this is the 1st podcast I've listened to, and it won't be the last! Seen Ben was in this one and thought it would be worth a listen, it didn't disappoint!

56oval

RMS Regular
A great meeting this morning with the staff at Irish Drag Racing. I am super excited to announce we will be doing 5 rounds in 2023.

Even more excited to announce that @Cooper and @Big Pimp you are both booked in for the first round at Bishopscourt as promised 🤗

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
A great meeting this morning with the staff at Irish Drag Racing. I am super excited to announce we will be doing 5 rounds in 2023.

Even more excited to announce that @Cooper and @Big Pimp you are both booked in for the first round at Bishopscourt as promised 🤗
I’m piddling myself with excitement dude!