Sold as Seen Episode 19: When Supercars Break Down with Warren Mercer

•   
On this Sold as Seen Podcast, serial supercar owner and RMS Motoring forum member Warren Mercer (WSM) joins Andy, Gary and Ross and bares all, giving us the shocking truth of his real life experience of supercar ownership.

Prepare yourself for eye watering depreciation, mystery damage and reliability woes that would drive anyone to the brink.

Spotify:

Apple Podcasts:

Google Podcasts: Sold as Seen

RSS Feed: https://feeds.acast.com/public/shows/sold-as-seen

Last edited:

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Excellent listen, I know you had a rough time @WSM but that really is brutal. I'd a customer who had a 570s who after 3 days ownership referred to it as the "kit car". Enough said, although in fairness he had now issues with his.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Listened last night/this morning while on the road. Very enjoyable. Bit scunnered to hear all the cars WSM has owned and he is younger than me though.

Also a lot of negativity towards diesel Audi’s.

Did the smokey M4 ever get fixed? Was expecting it to get mentioned!
You forgot to mention the sneaky cat mention of @Lyons that @Big Pimp sneaked in 🤐 wee sneaky-laugh after champ 😂😂😂
Unscripted is good, but useful to have points to fall back on to give you a steer when needed.
Driving Fast Ansel Elgort GIF by Working Title

😎😎😎

Last edited:

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
@WSM Bit of an embarassing read in this month's Evo for McLaren, they roadtested their new Artura model - new chassis, new engine, new Ethernet 6 wiring throughout the car, new everything (despite looking not that different to previous models). But guess what, same old issues.

1658046041867.jpeg

1658046117601.jpeg

Fatony

RMS Regular
Doing some catch up on the podcast. Great listen. Used to enjoy Warren on Nicos live videos. Great craic. Interesting about McLaren aftercare. Lack of pedigree surely the issue. Crazy.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Whilst I still love them to look at, can't walk past a McLaren since we did this podcast without thinking it's a timebomb
Doing some catch up on the podcast. Great listen. Used to enjoy Warren on Nicos live videos. Great craic. Interesting about McLaren aftercare. Lack of pedigree surely the issue. Crazy.

I think lack of pedigree and a very rapid rise from virtually nothing to noted supercar maker plays some part in it, but still, these cars get road-tested for millions of miles in all conditions. It baffles me how these issues aren't noted then, pedigree or not.