Sold As Seen Podcast Episode 3 - Murph Wins a Twin Cam

•   
See the blog feature on this - Sold as Seen Podcast returns for episode three presented by Andy Cooper along with Gary Reilly and Craig Allen.
In this show we talk about the car competitions that are now rife, inspired by RMS Member David Murphy and his very recent win of a Twin Cam Corolla, and we even give him a call on the show to tell us all about the experience of winning.

We also speak to Donal from Trackskills about the return of track days. All on an episode where we planned to have no guests!

I also drop some news about a new vehicular acquisition and as usual, get a hard time from Gary and Craig. GR Yaris is also mentioned over one hundred times. Anyway, enjoy the show, and all the links and media we talk about in the episode are below!

If you missed episode 2, be sure to go back and listen to our hilarious interview with car bodywork man come Belfast tailor, Chris Suitor.

Listen On: Spotify Apple Podcasts Google Podcasts Soundcloud Acast YouTube RSS Feed or just ask Siri or Alexa to Play Sold as Seen

Read the Full Article Here

7B146B10-96BC-4DF4-8226-6C73BD535A09.jpeg

Read the Entire Article Here
I will update the show notes in here later - but posting this now as ep 3 is available!

Last edited:

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Currently listening to the second show, I'm getting some flashbacks of these cars meets. I'm a bit younger than you aul lads but I managed to catch the tail end of the good car meet days at least, some nostalgia kicking in lol

I remember when I was 18 saying "one day I'm gonna get a Skyline to go to the car meets in".. got my Skyline and it was all over.😂 what meets where left where shady and I didnt want to be anywhere near them😂

Good show! Wish you had of mentioned the GR Yaris more.😂

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Currently listening to the second show, I'm getting some flashbacks of these cars meets. I'm a bit younger than you aul lads but I managed to catch the tail end of the good car meet days at least, some nostalgia kicking in lol

I remember when I was 18 saying "one day I'm gonna get a Skyline to go to the car meets in".. got my Skyline and it was all over.😂 what meets where left where shady and I didnt want to be anywhere near them😂

Good show! Wish you had of mentioned the GR Yaris more.😂
I know what you mean by shady. The last titanic carpark I went to I got a Buckfast bottle thrown at my car that dented the passenger door about 2006.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
@gary1365 I seen lots of ropey stuff at Seacat etc 10+ years ago. It was when hoods started showing up, wrecking the place and then following people home and stealing their cars or sometimes attempting to and just wrecking them.. Thats when I decided to stop going.

But there was a time when it was a good place great to talk to like minded petrol heads. I had some great times at these meets. Bangor on Sunday, Seacat on Tuesday, Dundonald on Wednesday almost every week😂 then every now and then the odd adventure to Sprucefield or Ballymena. Wish we could do all that again but all the cool cars now are few and far between. 😭

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
@TheDaniel that was my one and only trip to Seacat. I still hung about Bangor Sunday nights (lived in bangor) until it died out and was up in Sprucefield and Antrim too. Last car show I went to was Antrim car show at junction 1 2013 and was bored at it. I'm going to try and get to cars and coffee soon though.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
That's me up to speed. Quite enjoyed that last one.

It was like the kind of conversations I have with my mates about cars but without having the women sitting looking at their phones bored because they have absolutely no idea what you're talking about😂👍🏻

Crxpete

RMS Regular
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
Just want to say thanks to all that have put the podcasts together and all guests involved.....It's been great listening the last couple of days on my commute to Dublin :grinning:

BRAVO Chaps