Sold as Seen Questions Thread for Ep 20/21 - Get Heard on our show

•   
Hi Everyone

Hope you are enjoying the Sold as Seen Podcast as much as myself, @Gaz and @Big Pimp are at making it.

Please post your questions here; but more than that if you want to send us a short voice clip with your question, or a funny story we might even play it on the show.

Just email it to pod@rmsmotoring.com and who knows...

Thanks
Andy

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
When does a warm hatch become a hot hatch? Where is the line and what are the differences? Does it have to 200bhp+ to be a hot hatch? Or are there other factors?

Favourite hot hatches?

Cro

RMS Regular
Dare I say the F word and trigger the ‘if you can’t afford it don’t buy it’ crowd, but finance… the higher end/business user finance

Warren alluded to it and I know the business owners on here put cars through work but why don’t big ballers buy things outright, benefits, tips, how to’s etc

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
6R
Something that's often discussed is the car everyone regrets buying or selling, but is there any car that you had the opportunity to buy and didn't and have since regretted that decision? (along with what made you not buy it and why you regretted it)

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Dare I say the F word and trigger the ‘if you can’t afford it don’t buy it’ crowd, but finance… the higher end/business user finance

Warren alluded to it and I know the business owners on here put cars through work but why don’t big ballers buy things outright, benefits, tips, how to’s etc

Had me thinking too - if you were fortunate enough to have £200k burning a hole in your pocket, would you buy a car outright or still finance it? (based on warrens comment)

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late

Great question

Reactions: Cro

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Are there any new motorist stereotypes, or have any old ones changed over the years (think BMWs/indicators or "hairdressers car" types)

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Caramel Digestive but I had a Fox's Classic the other week, first one in years, awesome!

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
You've any budget, but only one car to drive for the rest of your days - which do you choose?
(any car, production, prototype or limited etc from first car to todays latest releases)

Apologies if it's been asked before - comms are cr@p out here, so checking would take too long.

Last edited:

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
  • How did you all get into RMS? Did you meet because of the forum?
  • @Cooper do you have any long term goals for the forum? Anything you'd like to change or something you wish you never introduced.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
How deep is your love of cars?
What do you enjoy the most about cars? Working on them / restoring them, driving them on roadtrips or competing in them?
Are you just obsessed with the look of them, getting them to the best condition they can be, detailing them to the nth degree?
Do you live for modifying them either mechanically, cosmetically or both?

I reckon there will be a fair few in most categories but there is no right answer, you like what you like but mostly we all have that wee 'illness' of loving cars to some extent.

Dorno

RMS Regular
Drives
a few!
Performance, Handling and reliability aside, What car do you have the fondest memories of?

For me its the car I drove during Uni. The most gutless diesel Corsa C but could drive every last lame horse power out of it in relative safety. However, the road trips, the adventures, the craic and the stories that car could tell is something else. I don't ever want to own one again but respectfully tip my hat to its memory in appreciation for the freedom it afforded me. I think i covered over 80k miles in 3 years at Jtown. My Crayons are probably still lying in it somewhere!:joy:

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
When’s the race between @Cooper yaris and @SuitorMenswear fiat 🤣
No Way Reaction GIF by CBS

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
What’s your opinion with the recent trend of very tasty euro cars being imported from Japan.

I personally think it’s cool as ****.