Sold as Seen - The New RMS Podcast - Episode 001 - The New M3, Andy's ordered a GR Yaris

•   
We're excited to launch all new podcast, Sold as Seen. The show is hosted by myself, Andy Cooper, along with forum members and good mates Craig Allen (@Rocko) and Gary Reilly (@Gaz).

Our aim is simple, chat about the latest motoring news and events, and use the reach of RMS to bring along as many interesting guests as we can convince to speak to us, and have a lot of craic along the way.

We don't want to overcook it so we'll be publishing monthly, with guests joining us on episode two. The podcast should be appearing on all the main platforms including Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, YouTube, Acast and more over the coming days.

This is only the start, but we want to hear your comments - so let us know in the thread below, contact us on the socials @rmsmotoring or email pod at rmsmotoring.com

Onto this pilot episode of the Sold as Seen Podcast, our launch edition has barely scraped past pre-delivery inspection on a Friday afternoon and pushed off the forecourt as the shutters have come down.

Show Notes Below:

The New G80 M3

May be an image of car

The E36 is 30 Years Old

BMW 3 Series Coupe (1992 - 1998) used car review | Car review | RAC Drive

New New New Top Gear is Brilliant

The Mondeo Is No More (Yes Ford were still selling them)

File:Ford Mondeo ST220 Blue.jpg - Wikipedia

Mitsubishi UK Heritage Fleet up for Auction

Get your hands on a classic at Home

Operation Venetic - Cars Seized in Newry

Custard Nova!

Cars seized

Cars seized
Operation Venetic: Vehicles seized by PSNI in Newry

GR Yaris

The 2020 Toyota GR Yaris Is a Street-Legal Rally Car You Can't Buy

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Tbh I'd keep the cursing. It's something I was never fussed about removing on ours. People soon get over it. At the end of the day it's 3 adults talking about cars, the same way they would be at a meet, in their garage etc. Censoring yourself will sound forced imo

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Tbh I'd keep the cursing. It's something I was never fussed about removing on ours. People soon get over it. At the end of the day it's 3 adults talking about cars, the same way they would be at a meet, in their garage etc. Censoring yourself will sound forced imo

Well the 3 adults part is a stretch.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
I would agree with this. No need to censor a show that isn't aimed at kids imo

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
If there’s questions you would like us to answer, people you would like us to interview or things you would like us to discuss let us know - PM or email or whatever.

We are still getting into the swing of it - thanks for the comments so far.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
I’d like to hear some behind the scenes stuff with the forum eg some of the belter posts/members that were moderated or banned without us knowing or someone throwing hissy fits.

Also I’m another one of those people that hasn’t been in an M3!

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Enjoyed it thoroughly. Only thing would be making it longer, talking subjects through until you're done. Seemed to move through the topics very quickly.

Otherwise, a great listen.
I'm still brushing up the cutting room floor! We will hopefully deliver the length you desire 😃

In other news... we’re now on Apple Podcasts! SUBSCRIBE!

1617703570134.png

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Not a bad listen at all given its the first outing so to speak. Not a fan of the cursing though id be the opposite and say it actually detracts from what is a good listen. Will tune in for next edition (y)
Id be the same tbh
Just think it lowers the tone a bit. Don't get me wrong i swear all the time just hearing in a podcast sounds cringy
Other than that spot on for me

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Keep the swearing for all there was. There is worse censored out on the forum here. I follow ones that through in sexual references and swear like it's going out of fashion then monetise ones for kids and they do extremely well from covering both sides. As said about its not aimed at kids and you hear worse in lidl when the tools are out of stock 😂

Reactions: Gaz

KaraokeMidget

RMS Regular
Drives
Mx5
Not a bad listen at all given its the first outing so to speak. Not a fan of the cursing though id be the opposite and say it actually detracts from what is a good listen. Will tune in for next edition (y)

I swear too but I agree that it takes away from a good podcast.
If you are hoping to get guests on the podcast they might be put off by the swearing a bit.

Apart from that I really liked what I heard and must admit that I also have never sat in a M3 BMW ever lol

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
In an increasingly pc world leave it as is, it works well; likening it to the Top Gear comment where "It's not a serious motoring show....", as it is it feels like a cars and coffee kind of thing and a microphone in the background which is good, with just the odd radio style re-direct back to topic lol.
If people are on best behaviour it certainly wouldn't feel the same (plus tend to get a lot of awkward repeated statements with what was going to be a loose swear word caught mid sentence and replaced 8o|😅).

You will never get the full comedy and feeling of true exasperation if you sensor "your F***ing Yaris" and the like 🤣

I can count on one hand how many podcasts I've listened to, actually enjoyed this one (y)

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Maybe just stick a wee warning for listener discretion at the start in case anyone is listening in work or the like. It will keep everyone happy then.
It already has the flag associated with “explicit” on the episode. Platforms are very strict so we want to keep on the right side of it.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
For those talking about swearing etc. and especially those who swear themselves.

the whole idea about podcasts is that it’s largely unscripted recorded versions of people having real life chats.

I listen to podcasts all them time and swearing is a natural part. Not like every other word, but in a real life conversation I don’t have any issue with it.

even some of the guests on Joe Rogans podcast who are senators, writers, scientists etc. all feature some swearing and it’s just a very normal way of speaking for most of us.