Sold as Seen - The New RMS Podcast - Episode 001 - The New M3, Andy's ordered a GR Yaris

•   
We're excited to launch all new podcast, Sold as Seen. The show is hosted by myself, Andy Cooper, along with forum members and good mates Craig Allen (@Rocko) and Gary Reilly (@Gaz).

Our aim is simple, chat about the latest motoring news and events, and use the reach of RMS to bring along as many interesting guests as we can convince to speak to us, and have a lot of craic along the way.

We don't want to overcook it so we'll be publishing monthly, with guests joining us on episode two. The podcast should be appearing on all the main platforms including Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, YouTube, Acast and more over the coming days.

This is only the start, but we want to hear your comments - so let us know in the thread below, contact us on the socials @rmsmotoring or email pod at rmsmotoring.com

Onto this pilot episode of the Sold as Seen Podcast, our launch edition has barely scraped past pre-delivery inspection on a Friday afternoon and pushed off the forecourt as the shutters have come down.

Show Notes Below:

The New G80 M3

May be an image of car

The E36 is 30 Years Old

BMW 3 Series Coupe (1992 - 1998) used car review | Car review | RAC Drive

New New New Top Gear is Brilliant

The Mondeo Is No More (Yes Ford were still selling them)

File:Ford Mondeo ST220 Blue.jpg - Wikipedia

Mitsubishi UK Heritage Fleet up for Auction

Get your hands on a classic at Home

Operation Venetic - Cars Seized in Newry

Custard Nova!

Cars seized

Cars seized
Operation Venetic: Vehicles seized by PSNI in Newry

GR Yaris

The 2020 Toyota GR Yaris Is a Street-Legal Rally Car You Can't Buy

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Does anyone have any questions or topics you'd like us to cover, or any guests you'd like us to approach for the show. A well known car cleaning chemicals supplier that may or may not have replied above is definitely on the wishlist. :p

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Superb first podcast! Rather enjoyed it while deep cleaning the bathroom yesterday.

F bombs are grand, the child hears many more from me as it is...

Keep it up lads.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Personally I think cutting out the swearing would open up the podcast to all ages really, young kids growing up getting into cars could listen with their dads etc. Keeping it clean also makes it a more polished podcast (excuse the pun), It could go a lot further and appeal to more people.

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
Great podcast. Would echo some of the other comments in that a bit longer would be good. Personally I would not worry about the swearing but equally as said above it might open it up to a larger audience

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Seems to be divided opinions on the swearing lol

I imagine we will get longer over time and as we delve into more topics. Still early days and getting a feel for it. And getting past that awkwardness of listening to yourself šŸ˜‚

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Really enjoyed the first episode, good work.

Having the Chief Officer of Boaty McBoatface, @mn5587 as a guest would be great listening.
Brilliant suggestion.

Think bigger too. We have some great motorsport personalities from NI and we are prepared to chance our arm. If someone who knows someone whoā€™s a formula one drivers second cousins cat. Weā€™d go for it.

56oval

RMS Regular
Tbh I'd keep the cursing. It's something I was never fussed about removing on ours. People soon get over it. At the end of the day it's 3 adults talking about cars, the same way they would be at a meet, in their garage etc. Censoring yourself will sound forced imo

I'll stick my head above the parapet and say I disagree.
I love Reload podcasts, was listening to the latest one last night, I also listened to the sold as seen one too. You guys don't need to swear, the content is great, the banter is good and I love the 3 of you on Reload as there is genuine relationship there and you can hear it.

Dare I say the effin an Jeffin sounds more trying too hard in some instances.

I'm no prude, I swear every given minute of the day, but on this occasion, the subject matter outweighs the expletives. And that should be the focal point

56oval

RMS Regular
Soooo.... now we have the profanity well and truly discussed to death. Questions, guests, suggestions... we are all ears.
Why "RMS"
When I first moved here 14 years ago I was directed here by Pete Moore.
I couldn't work out why a car forum was called Really Mean Sounds unless it was from the ice install era????

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Why "RMS"
When I first moved here 14 years ago I was directed here by Pete Moore.
I couldn't work out why a car forum was called Really Mean Sounds unless it was from the ice install era????
It is indeed ICE! I'll do it when we need filler lol! There's myself and here/the drifting, Rocko and Bangorcruise, and Gaz has had more V5s than I've had hot dinners so there's a bit to cover!