Sold as Seen - The New RMS Podcast - Episode 001 - The New M3, Andy's ordered a GR Yaris

•   
We're excited to launch all new podcast, Sold as Seen. The show is hosted by myself, Andy Cooper, along with forum members and good mates Craig Allen (@Rocko) and Gary Reilly (@Gaz).

Our aim is simple, chat about the latest motoring news and events, and use the reach of RMS to bring along as many interesting guests as we can convince to speak to us, and have a lot of craic along the way.

We don't want to overcook it so we'll be publishing monthly, with guests joining us on episode two. The podcast should be appearing on all the main platforms including Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, YouTube, Acast and more over the coming days.

This is only the start, but we want to hear your comments - so let us know in the thread below, contact us on the socials @rmsmotoring or email pod at rmsmotoring.com

Onto this pilot episode of the Sold as Seen Podcast, our launch edition has barely scraped past pre-delivery inspection on a Friday afternoon and pushed off the forecourt as the shutters have come down.

Show Notes Below:

The New G80 M3

May be an image of car

The E36 is 30 Years Old

BMW 3 Series Coupe (1992 - 1998) used car review | Car review | RAC Drive

New New New Top Gear is Brilliant

The Mondeo Is No More (Yes Ford were still selling them)

File:Ford Mondeo ST220 Blue.jpg - Wikipedia

Mitsubishi UK Heritage Fleet up for Auction

Get your hands on a classic at Home

Operation Venetic - Cars Seized in Newry

Custard Nova!

Cars seized

Cars seized
Operation Venetic: Vehicles seized by PSNI in Newry

GR Yaris

The 2020 Toyota GR Yaris Is a Street-Legal Rally Car You Can't Buy

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
How often will they be released?
Monthly ish. Depends on our schedules and that of guests. We made the conscious decision not to do them for the sake of doing but when we have something to say or a good guest to bring on.

Deep in prep for the next and finalising a recording date.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Looking forward to it. Will be good to hear some guest interviews too.

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
Drives
Old VWs
Absolutely loved the first episode!! Wish you all the best for the future guys, hope to enjoy these podcasts from here on in... #SASsquad lol

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Have to say we are all really blown over by the positive comments. Really didn’t know how this would go down and it’s I guess for you guys so hopefully we can do the same but better for ep 2.

Our notes already are running several pages as there’s loads we want to talk about, hopefully we make less umms and aahs so we can deep dive. And we are looking forward to Chris Suitor coming on the show - a born entertainer and a proper petrolhead to boot and someone I’ve known since Uni.

We have EP3 guest lined up and there’s also some further episodes where I really want to dig into how covid has changed how people are buying cars now - covid and brexit have been a double whammy of market change so I really want to bore you all with that. 😃

And as time goes on we hope you - the members here - let us know who to chat to and on what. I remember @Gaz did the amazing member interviews - 15 minutes with a few years back.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Progression of the car scene and where does it go to in the future, as a topic. From the illegal cruise setups to the large official shows now instead mostly. The age on RMS I’d say Is mostly 30 and up now. How’s the average R plater get on these days
Not sure on who might speak well on the topic though.
Only a suggestion :grinning:

Last edited:

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Possibly on same tone, social media and the change away from actual online forums, how Rms seems to be the only one still active fully. Has social media killed off bits of the scene etc.

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
Stuck the headphones in and listened to it the other day at work. Got some weird looks from spar staff as I burst out laughing while delivering stuff to their store.
Looking forward to the next one!

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
Enjoyed that. Would echo what many others have said, it would be good to let the topics run their duration.

I think there it would be good to make it longer and/or do more of them but appreciate it takes a fair bit of commitment and effort to make them happen.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
I have no doubt the next one will be longer!

And I nearly said quality not quantity 🤣

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
What about every week you read out a funny car story sent in from an RMSer. That thread about buying and selling cars would fill plenty of time. :joy:

Or do a classified challenge the day before each recording. And reveal your choice on the podcast. For example;
Hot hatch, budget is £3k
Track day car, budget is £6k etc.
You could give your guest a heads up and they could pick a car as well.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
Who knows?
I’ve finally been able to set aside some time to listen to this without the usual “DAAAAAAAAAADDDDDYYYYY” cry from one of my brats.

Very entertaining and definitely worth the listen.

I too have never sat in an M3 or a Golf R, but then again the last time I sat in any exciting cars I was working for Charles Hurst between ‘99 and ‘03 lol.

My one gripe is you had to mention that fat t**t...... no the other one, Nolan! I’d say he broke his wheels just getting into the car!

Reactions: Gaz

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Only got round to listening there today whilst working in the shed, bit slow to the party lol

Great stuff guys, was entertained from start to finish. Swearing is fine, it's not forced or anything like that.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Episode 2 is now available see this thread:

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
I want to keep this thread open for episode 1 comments but anything regarding episode 2 please post in that thread 👍

jessy

RMS Regular
Podcast is great guys, well done. Like the idea of people's car history.
Ref - history of Bangorcruise etc would be good.
Members careers and past jobs is definitely a good topic.

Last edited: