Solicitor recommendation....drunk and in charge of a vechicle.

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
Sorry? Don’t know what your problem is on this thread, you’ve argued the part out from the start because you’re not hearing what you want. Maybe it’s time this thread was closed? @Coog @Cooper ?
why would they close a thread just because you arent hearing what you want? if you arent happy with the content of a thread then dont read it, dont request it to be closed when most of the other users can have a civilised conversation without calling people d!cks

purplea4T

RMS Regular
why would they close a thread just because you arent hearing what you want? if you arent happy with the content of a thread then dont read it, dont request it to be closed when most of the other users can have a civilised conversation without calling people d!cks
I’ll listen to whatever anyone posts on here - the content is fine. I’m saying cycling after 5 pints is a **** move and a recipe for disaster, and posters here, me included, aren’t adding anything to it.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
The offence of being drunk in charge of a bicycle carries fines up to £2500, no requirements to submit to breathaliser/blood samples and no penalty points applicable.

If there’s no requirement to submit a sample then how do they prove you’re drunk?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Its not drunk, its unfit when it comes to bikes. Two very different things.

It's also unfit for vehicles too.....which should apply regardless of alcohol levels ( although unfit does cover drugs etc...just not general incompetence when supposedly or allegedly in control of a motor vehicle. )

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
It's also unfit for vehicles too.....which should apply regardless of alcohol levels ( although unfit does cover drugs etc...just not general incompetence when supposedly or allegedly in control of a motor vehicle. )

This I know, technically you can be unfit through drink re a car and still be under the actual drink drive limit. Comes back to observations again like all unfit cases.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
A friend of mine got done for being DIC of a motor vehicle for going out to his car to get a new packet of tobacco from his car. He was sitting in the drivers seat rolling the rolly, cops drive past and he ended up with a ban but I think he had points already. He only rolled the rolly in the car because it was lashing outside, under the car was dry and all.

Am I right in saying you can also be done for being full if you're on a pushbike because I now have two pubs that are close to me and was considering a bicycle for the 2 mile hike home?

There IS an offense of riding a bicycle whilst Unfit....
Makes sense - can’t be having twits pissed weaving around on the road

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
The offence of being drunk in charge of a bicycle carries fines up to £2500, no requirements to submit to breathaliser/blood samples and no penalty points applicable.

It’s not being drunk - it’s being ‘unfit’...ie not being able to handle the drink and stumbling about/all over the place

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
This I know, technically you can be unfit through drink re a car and still be under the actual drink drive limit. Comes back to observations again like all unfit cases.

Yep - unfit through drink/drugs different to Excess alcohol.
You can be driving with excess but not be Unfit.

For Unfit ...there needs to be evidence of proper impairment- falling over, car hitting off kerbs etc ...and this goes together with having the reading of Excess alcohol (or a level of drugs that could be shown to cause this unfitness)

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Yep - unfit through drink/drugs different to Excess alcohol.
You can be driving with excess but not be Unfit.

For Unfit ...there needs to be evidence of proper impairment- falling over, car hitting off kerbs etc ...and this goes together with having the reading of Excess alcohol (or a level of drugs that could be shown to cause this unfitness)

Biggest problem is those unfit/incompetent when totally sober.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
5B550C3C-99C6-4920-BAF2-2CBF64BBBF01.png

mayweather

RMS Regular
OP
mayweather
Drives
M3 Evolution
I'm more interested in being drunk in charge of a boat, that would fairly scupper fermanaghs tourist industry lol

True!

Interestingly you can sup drinks all you like and steer a boat. Alcohol and water don’t mix.

But tell someone on here you slept it a car after a shandy and your made out to be a serial killer :laughing:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
True!

Interestingly you can sup drinks all you like and steer a boat. Alcohol and water don’t mix.

But tell someone on here you slept it a car after a shandy and your made out to be a serial killer :laughing:

The warden can stop and take your boat off you. I've never heard of it happening though. We completely lost the engine and transom off the back of a 14ft Fletcher hitting rocks at 50mph after a couple of jars on our way back from lusty beg at 3am one morning 8o|

People killed every year there drunk. Usually falling off boats and jetties and none of them wearing life jackets.

mayweather

RMS Regular
OP
mayweather
Drives
M3 Evolution
So the police reported there was no evidence of an attempt to drive. He was sleeping and was disorientated during the arrest.

Pled not guilty on advice of the solicitor and because he himself knew he had no intention of driving.

Banned for two months, 600 odd quid find.