Some advice for you, friends and family on what to do in the event of an accident

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NeilMcG

RMS Trader
Drives
VW GTe
Dear all,

I appreciate that most of you will know exactly what to do if you are unfortunate enough to be in a car accident but if this post benefits even one person then it is worthwhile in my book.

https://www.boydricesolicitors.com/...-you-are-involved-in-a-road-traffic-accident/

With the steady increase in insurance premiums I am finding that more and more of my clients place a greater emphasis on making sure that their insurance is not affected at all in the event of a non fault accident and I can help with that.

Any questions please do ask or drop me an email neil@boydricesolicitors.com

Best,

Neil

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
Very good but I’ll just say that all this “do not accept liability” BS, is exactly that - BS.

*cool story incoming*

I was involved in an accident 2 years ago. Other party tells me it’s their fault. They tell their insurance it’s their fault. 3rd party insurance phone me up tell me they will sort everything and that they are taking the full blame, only to phone back 2 days later and say they are no longer taking the blame.

Settled 50/50 in the end.

Just makes me laugh when anyone says not to admit liability. Didn't mean jack in my case & I’ll assume everyone else’s.

NeilMcG

RMS Trader
OP
NeilMcG
Drives
VW GTe
Very good but I’ll just say that all this “do not accept liability” BS, is exactly that - BS.

*cool story incoming*

I was involved in an accident 2 years ago. Other party tells me it’s their fault. They tell their insurance it’s their fault. 3rd party insurance phone me up tell me they will sort everything and that they are taking the full blame, only to phone back 2 days later and say they are no longer taking the blame.

Settled 50/50 in the end.

Just makes me laugh when anyone says not to admit liability. Didn't mean jack in my case & I’ll assume everyone else’s.
I take the point, in your case the admission of liability by the TP should have meant that you had nothing to worry about. Did the case reach Court or was a split liability agreed between insurers? Without knowing what actually happened in your accident it is hard for me to comment on this save as to say I always tell my clients to ring me before discussing liability at all with either the other driver or Police, that way I can guide them if there is any doubt at all in respect of who was at fault. My suggestion in the guide was merely included to ensure that people protect their position until they take some advice!

NeilMcG

RMS Trader
OP
NeilMcG
Drives
VW GTe
I discussed an accident that occurred in the South with a forum member today. The following case study will be helpful for anyone that lives around the border. If you have an accident in the Republic (or in anywhere else in Europe for that matter) and you live in Northern Ireland, provided that the accident was not your fault, you can claim compensation via the Courts here in NI. Damages in the South greatly exceed the compensation that one would receive in the North based on the exact same injuries and prognosis for recovery.

RTA injury claim in Dublin settles for £14,000 - Boyd Rice Solicitors

Damages in injury claims for "whiplash" are expected to be reduced in the Republic of Ireland soon in line with pressure from the Government however I anticipate that even after the reduction, you will still receive much more there than you would here.

As always, if you have any queries just give me a shout or drop me an email/ PM.

Best,

Neil

NeilMcG

RMS Trader
OP
NeilMcG
Drives
VW GTe
Handy leaflet available via PSNI Website in relation to RTC’s

Print it off and keep a copy in the Glovebox

https://www.psni.police.uk/globalas...riving/documents/collision-advice-booklet.pdf

A fairly detailed leaflet. We would always suggest that you report the accident to the Police despite the fact that they will not attend the scene unless someone has been injured. The Police will be take a note of your telephone conversation and assign it a reference number. The record can be useful if the other driver decides to do a u-turn on liability and allege that you were at fault for the accident. The record can be retrieved if the case proceeds to Court and be used in evidence. There is also an inference that one could make that if you ring to report the accident to PSNI the likelihood is that you are the non fault party! ALWAYS take a note of the Police reference number.

We regularly take calls from clients new and old who require advice at the scene of the accident. Always pick up the phone to us or if the accident is outside of normal working hours then email our bespoke email address claims@boydricesolicitors.com This is linked to all members of the road traffic accident team and we will do our best to phone you within the hour.

NeilMcG

RMS Trader
OP
NeilMcG
Drives
VW GTe
Forum members,

A new service that my Firm have introduced which hopefully none of you will need to use but the number is always handy to keep on your phone just in case.

24 Hour Car Accident Helpline Northern Ireland - Boyd Rice Solicitors

Please save our accident helpline number and share with friends and family.

Boyd Rice Solicitors accident helpline- 07541292444

Best wishes for the festive season from all at Boyd Rice Solicitors.

Regards

Neil

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Excellent service by Neil today. Emailed him cold, late last night and got a thorough reply through by 8am. Can’t say fairer than that!

NeilMcG

RMS Trader
OP
NeilMcG
Drives
VW GTe
Following on from previous posts- I have been thinking of questions that are regularly posed by clients who instruct me to proceed with a claim arising from a road traffic accident. The questions and my answers are contained in the article.

https://www.boydricesolicitors.com/2019/01/22/road-traffic-accident-qs-and-as/

Hope you find it informative. We do try to take as much of the stress away from our clients as possible. It does not matter whether the case relates to seeking compensation for injuries or recovery of an insurance excess, we will always fight your corner.

Received a piece of positive feedback during the week from a client who instructed me to recover her insurance excess. She was a R driver when the accident occurred and the accident had a significant effect on her insurance premium. She can now reclaim the increase in the cost of the insurance from her insurance company and will get her insurance excess back.

"Recently had to locate advice based on another driver colliding with my vehicle on a roundabout. My family have previously used Boyd Rice solicitors and recommended here knowing I wasn't prepared on settling 50/50 deal with the opposed. I got Neil who was the best man for the job. Felt like no one else would listen to me since I was only an R plate young woman. He listened to my case and took it in his stride, fighting my corner.
Came today to a positive result and the claim settled.
Would totally recommend to any person looking for a great solicitor or consultation for advise.

Many thanks again and I'm more than delighted with my result and my services received."

From Google.

As always, if you have any questions or need a steer on any legal matter please just PM me or email me.

Kind regards

Neil

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.