Some f*cker hit me - Body repairs - who?

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
Some complete fnckbag has hit me with something when parked and taken off without notifying me, shocker i know, someone not taking responsibility :no_mouth:. Few questions:

• Whats the likely cost for repairs like this?
  • Can anyone recommend someone? looking cheap enough without affecting quality - i have used Blairs in Doagh through insurance before but never when im paying, are they costly.
  • Would i be better to pay for this or put it through my insurance and pay excess, then premium go up?
They must have hit it some thump, so would def known they hit me. No CCTV etc in the area.

Last edited:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
What an absolute scum bag ****! That's some thump alright. I used blairs in the past and found them pretty well priced for non insurance work, I would certainly go and see Andrew for a quote. for reference it was a respray due to some paint defects. Full side of the car to paint match it properly, side skirt, 2 spoiler ends and front bumper and I think it was around £800 2 years or so ago.

Last edited:

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
OP
thomas_lad
What an absolute scum bag ****! That's some thump alright. I used blairs in the past and found them pretty well priced for non insurance work, I would certainly go and see Andrew for a quote.

****ing horrible *******s :worried:

I know tell me about it, i have calmed down enough to write the post or it would have been "***** *** ***** ******** ******** my car and *** *** ********* *** fixed"

Yeh Andrew was great to deal with the last time so will def get him to quote at the least

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Just WOW, what an absolute cnut. That's lower than low. Pity about CCTV would be good to be able to pin it on someone.

Hopefully it's not bad, but given the physical damage to the bumper itself and the new tail light and rear wing damage, I imagine it'll be pricey enough, maybe £500+ 🤬

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Theres a fella up behind the old Minorca chippy in Carrick does body repairs. Might be worth talkin to him. (If he's still there). Heard good reports about him in the past.

wes

RMS Regular
Darren mcclean (eekys brother) auto finish, or the fella jim dunlop out behind magowans, belfast road greenisland body repairs. Worth visit for quotes mate. What a ****er. Reason why i got dash cam,some **** scraped my car down at the model school and passanger pulled mirror in and drove off 2 fellas in the car and just gemz in ours. Drove round looking a scraped wing mirror that night :joy:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
New bumper from BMW, new light from BMW and then wing repaired and painted at insurance prices... Could be touch and go whether they'd actually write it off at that.

What a scummy thing to do.

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
OP
thomas_lad
New bumper from BMW, new light from BMW and then wing repaired and painted at insurance prices... Could be touch and go whether they'd actually write it off at that.

What a scummy thing to do.
Id be happy with that to be honest lol, i want it sold anyway and i need new brakes soon - its only worth about £3k if not less

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
OP
thomas_lad
ehhh surely not when it goes against your own insurance?lol
i know that but if its going against my insurance in any case around the value mark, id rather the money for the car than repairing it then also having to spend the money on the brakes if you know what i mean

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Get some estimates then it may be worth going through insurance. Parts alone without the work could be dear enough. I had a post-nightshift encounter with the underground carpark gate in work 2 years ago. New door required and repair on rear quarter panel and bumper. I had to put it through insurance as it was a 2 month old leased car and I had to use a Skoka-approved bodyshop to cover the work or I'd have been billed when it goes back if it wasn't up to standard. My insurance went up by £150 last year and gone down slightly in this months renewal. That was with full NCB (not protected, doh) and an at-fault accident. Definitely in my case, the cost of the work vs insurance increase made it worth doing that way. First ever insurance claim I had to make. That was with Direct Line.

Markhall

RMS Regular
Drives
Ax gt, defender
Buy a bumper the same colour. Plenty of breakers about. probably cost £100 - £150
new taillight from breakers. £50. Quarter panel repair £250 - I reckon £450 - £500 would be sore on that.

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
OP
thomas_lad
Get some estimates then it may be worth going through insurance. Parts alone without the work could be dear enough. I had a post-nightshift encounter with the underground carpark gate in work 2 years ago. New door required and repair on rear quarter panel and bumper. I had to put it through insurance as it was a 2 month old leased car and I had to use a Skoka-approved bodyshop to cover the work or I'd have been billed when it goes back if it wasn't up to standard. My insurance went up by £150 last year and gone down slightly in this months renewal. That was with full NCB (not protected, doh) and an at-fault accident. Definitely in my case, the cost of the work vs insurance increase made it worth doing that way. First ever insurance claim I had to make. That was with Direct Line.

Cheers for the reply, yeh i'll see what the quotes come in at and then based on that make a decision. its just so infuriating about something that is in no way my fault at all! i hope the f*cker dies a slow painful death. Its not an expensive car or anything but its just the hassle and expense myself.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
You could get it done cheaper with a light and black bumper from the scrappers if your not too precious about the car
So it would need the rear quarter repair and painted, but may need to be matched into the door, just depends on the colour match and you wont know the extent until you get the bumper off and the inner boot panels etc

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Insurance would likely want to fit a quarter which would easily write it off.

But hit and run is a very serious offence, I hope the police do investigate thoroughly.