Something Weird Going On Here: Just Collected My Saab 9-3

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Took it to Co Clare and back a few weeks ago, faultless and ate the miles.

Got a Pioneer Apple Carplay head unit fired in, reminding me of the good old car audio days. And of course it wasn't straight forward. I got a connects2 steering wheel control interface, double din fascia and cage, and the appropriate ISO connector and aerial adapter. I thought I had all the boxes ticked. But oh no, I now need two ground loop isolators and an RCA version of the ISO thanks to interference and the factory amp which causes anything above volume 2 to be heard in the next village. Oh and the radio reception isn't great, so that's on the list too. Determined to have it 100% though!

Anyway carplay in action (and the awesome Saab nightpanel button, those crazy turnips)

saab2.png

And for 100 scene points, guess the movie.
saab1.png

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Did the Connects2 steering wheel control work ok? Did you have to splice into the loom under the steering wheel? I was going to get one for the 9-5, but i don't want to F things up lol

Con Air?

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Did the Connects2 steering wheel control work ok? Did you have to splice into the loom under the steering wheel? I was going to get one for the 9-5, but i don't want to F things up lol

Con Air?
The RHS controls work i.e. Volume and changing station/track but sadly the phone controls don't. Likely due to the fact that I didn't have the Saab Bluetooth head unit to start with. If it can be hooked up that would be excellent.

Not con air no.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
I can't help myself. Even though I've the other wagon to play with, I can't leave the Saaaaab alone.

Thoughts on my proposed rear end mods to 'freshen' the styling from some ropey photoshopping. What do you think? Worth it?

As it sits:

upload_2017-5-6_11-11-51.png

And with some suggested changes:

• Tints from the B pillar back
  • Tinted tail lights
  • Paint rear valance and trim under window grey
  • Paint rims grey (possibly)
upload_2017-5-6_11-10-6.png

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
I like the clear lights as they are. Rear valance looks good black.

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
Definitely something in the RMS water, bought my 9-5 as a stop gap last year, I actually quite like it despite having it for sale for nigh on six months now lol, the joys of trying to sell a petroleum car in NI.

Ten times the car my E39 msport was and for having the same power it's a rocket in comparison.

Nothing comes close to the value for money.

Yours looks great @Cooper, HTD

Cess

RMS Staff
Spacers maybe? Always think the wheels are too tucked it. That rear spoiler is the job, but rare and pricey, I think.

What do the lights look like Photoshopped red / clear?

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
I'm toying with a turbo x rear diffuser for mine as I've the same bumper as you. Did consider just painting the insert black and making a single exhaust outlet.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
I'm toying with a turbo x rear diffuser for mine as I've the same bumper as you. Did consider just painting the insert black and making a single exhaust outlet.
Yea I would just paint it - cheap and cheerful mod!

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
@Cooper I thought you were picking 2 cars up......
You're right, and had meant to post up what I was away to see after I got the blue car.

Morning after collecting the Saab went to see this, but the car/price just wasn't right and in hindsight it was the right move. Still look great in white like @PhilGT_2008's car.

IMG_9065.JPG
IMG_9066.JPG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.