Sometimes you can't help but look at your car once you have washed it! Post your pics..

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
20230527_144810.jpg

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Hasn’t had a proper clean in weeks, only a few quick washes, so did inside and out this afternoon

IMG_0086.jpeg

IMG_0080.jpeg

IMG_0078.jpeg

Alloys on this are absolutely brutal to clean. I don't think I've ever had a car with as much b rake dust before - makes me miss having carbon ceramics :rolleyes:
View attachment 395688
Not unlike shape of mine on the F82, I spend as much time on them as the rest of the car when washing. Pain in the neck!

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
How do you boys be washing your cars in this weather? I went out to wash mine early enough at the weekend and it already felt too hot to touch with blue skies and direct sunlight, suppose it's black. Covered in a layer of dust, pollen or whatever! I'd need to piss the neighbours off and do it at sunrise in this weather as it gets all-day sunlight where I wash it. Maybe I just need to move quicker :joy:

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Wait until the evening do it’s cooler,
And Di water so it doesn’t stain the paint

Think a DI vessel definitely needs to go on my shopping list as drying is a bollox in this weather, but I'll switch to evening washing. The side facing the sun is already evaporating before I even reach for the drying towel.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
How do you boys be washing your cars in this weather? I went out to wash mine early enough at the weekend and it already felt too hot to touch with blue skies and direct sunlight, suppose it's black.

I started at 8am today before it got too hot though it was midday (and 21 degrees) before I finished. I also use a DI water filter to rinse the car down at the end.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Gable end of my house gives me some shade, if you can get it out the direct sunlight it’s doable on a hot day.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Just in from doing both of ours there now. Definitely the weather for first thing in the morning or last in the evening

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Out of direct sunlight is the key always 👍 that and a really good quality shampoo for the conditions. I've been using a blow dryer, should really get a DI Vessel, but I always give it a quick detail spray at the end anyway

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Evenings are the way for me for summer. Out of direct sunlight and cool to touch at 20:45.

Only thing with that is I washed it last night and there was another fine layer of dust/pollen visible on it this morning. Black cars are truely hateful, I'd read it many times, first I've ever had one!