Sometimes you can't help but look at your car once you have washed it! Post your pics..

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Love winter 😒 get home and it's dark ffs, been over a month I reckon since it was last washed so pulled the finger out and got stuck in, I really couldn't have been bothered but now that it's clean I feel better as it was rotten. Cleaning made simple by anachem products from Ross and his genius recommendation for a head torch!

It's gone through two burger runs, trips to Dublin, Portadown and Belfast and then some

20191120_182151.jpg

Before
20191120_164334.jpg
20191120_164326.jpg

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Love winter 😒 get home and it's dark ffs, been over a month I reckon since it was last washed so pulled the finger out and got stuck in, I really couldn't have been bothered but now that it's clean I feel better as it was rotten. Cleaning made simple by anachem products from Ross and his genius recommendation for a head torch!

It's gone through two burger runs, trips to Dublin, Portadown and Belfast and then some

View attachment 257117

Before
View attachment 257116View attachment 257115
I love this car.

I just think the wheels let it down but that's my opinion lol

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T

View attachment 257117

Before
View attachment 257116View attachment 257115

I admire your dedication, mine is in bad need of a wash but I'm waiting for Saturday, unfortunately the weather on Saturday doesn't look like it's going to be car washing weather.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I love this car.

I just think the wheels let it down but that's my opinion lol

They're definitely marmite for this particular car, I saw them on smaller cars that looked cool and I actually really like them. Not to mention the reduction in unsprung weight between them and the upgraded brakes can only help, because racecar 😈

I admire your dedication, mine is in bad need of a wash but I'm waiting for Saturday, unfortunately the weather on Saturday doesn't look like it's going to be car washing weather.

Honestly I was very tempted to just take it down to one of the local places that use foam and micro fibre mitts, but I enjoy washing it myself, just not when it's miserable weather 😂

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Were you not able to sort the headlights?

No any time I wash it they fog up, although I thought they were fogging from rain fall too but it's been through heavy rain fall without fogging as badly

I'm fairly sure it's from the snow foam getting in past where the bracket is screwed in. He's working on building a set with new housings which should eliminate the issue. It's at the bottom of the list now though with needing turbos 😂

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
No any time I wash it they fog up, although I thought they were fogging from rain fall too but it's been through heavy rain fall without fogging as badly

I'm fairly sure it's from the snow foam getting in past where the bracket is screwed in. He's working on building a set with new housings which should eliminate the issue. It's at the bottom of the list now though with needing turbos 😂
Have you tried leaving the backs off?

my caddy had a habit of steaming up no matter what. I’ve been leaving the rubber cups off and even if they do steam a bit after a wash / puddle skip they dry out really quickly with the heat of the engine

I washed my caddy today for the first time in over a month.
Something so rewarding seeing the heavy dirt disappear

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3

my caddy had a habit of steaming up no matter what. I’ve been leaving the rubber cups off and even if they do steam a bit after a wash / puddle skip they dry out really quickly with the heat of the engine

This ^ A mate had an E36 (of all things) which did the same, he left the back off and hadn’t any bother.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796

This ^ A mate had an E36 (of all things) which did the same, he left the back off and hadn’t any bother.

There's no room really to get in and fiddle with the back, bumper off headlights out to swap a bulb 😂

Might try having a good look around the vent pipes to see if there's any blockage. If that fails back plate might have to get removed if it's accessible at all

@Lappintyre Honestly I know all about the E36 headlight trick as it's what I do with my E36 too lmao

c_rad

RMS Regular
Over 2 weeks and many miles covered, It's now clean again. Anachem products making light work of the dirt also. Gave the exhaust tips a quick polish too, brought them up as best I could.

It might be an old Audi, a bit rough in places but I love this thing for daily duties.

IMG_20191130_131853.jpg

IMG_20191130_131658.jpg

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Don't usually wash my cars too often during the winter but I gave in with the decent (if cool) weather and gave it a quick wash and run over with some of @Big Pimp Hybrid, UltraSlick and HydraClean.....then remembered its going to @RubberLover for 4 new tyres tomorrow so that was a bit of a waste.

IMG_20191201_131418.jpg

Really needs de-tarred and hit with a fallout remover but that can wait to the spring.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
The A6 and GTI are both sporting about 4 weeks of dirt as I've been flat out with work and wedding prep. Spent a few hours on the A6 today and the GTI will get done tomorrow. I was planning to do it today as well but it started getting dark. Anachem Articulate, Purge, Ultrafoam, Gleam+ and Ultragloss used. Will get a touch of Ultraslick on the tyres tomorrow when they're properly dried. Still love this thing.

20191201_141125.jpg
20191201_141133.jpg
20191201_160037.jpg
20191201_160028.jpg

Last edited: