Sometimes you can't help but look at your car once you have washed it! Post your pics..

SH4U11

RMS Regular
Drives
AudiA6
She's nice from far, an far from nice!
Gave her we beetle a coat of Blackhole to make it look a bit tidier, coat of hybrid... A picture can tell 1000 lies...

20200903_191308.jpg

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I'm a big fan of Sonax Bsd.
How would Hybrid compare?

I was a fan of sonax ... but wouldn't go near anything else bar hybrid now, even for cost l, its just so well priced for what you get out of it

gerryp

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997
I was a fan of sonax ... but wouldn't go near anything else bar hybrid now, even for cost l, its just so well priced for what you get out of it

I might give it a try.
Have a couple of Sonax bottles to get through first.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
I was using Hybrid, but now I too with Purity-X and sometimes Beadmaker as a drying aid,much better imo

Hybrid for me can look ok for a very short while, nothing like the ones above

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Aye I'm going to have to get more Hybrid. I got it about a week ago and I've washed my own car about 5 times, and even washed the wife's Fiat 500 which hasn't seen a sponge in about 4 months. Is articulate a good prewash? I'm guessing it is.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Aye I'm going to have to get more Hybrid. I got it about a week ago and I've washed my own car about 5 times, and even washed the wife's Fiat 500 which hasn't seen a sponge in about 4 months. Is articulate a good prewash? I'm guessing it is.

be cautious with anachem pre wash products and follow instructions. It melted the front of my skyline headlights and left the entire car bleached and needed machine polishing and wet sanding

Possibly due to application method, I’ve no idea. Wasn’t me that used it, left it in for some work and the chap decided to give it a wash for me.. Not the only report of it either, I know of one other guy with similar end results

No doubt a lead balloon post on Rms but just a warning to follow instructions closely. by and large anachem gets great reviews on the full range, I’d use it myself but extra carefully/keep it wet/no sun kinda setup

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
be cautious with anachem pre wash products and follow instructions. It melted the front of my skyline headlights and left the entire car bleached and needed machine polishing and wet sanding

Possibly due to application method, I’ve no idea. Wasn’t me that used it, left it in for some work and the chap decided to give it a wash for me.. Not the only report of it either, I know of one other guy with similar end results

No doubt a lead balloon post on Rms but just a warning to follow instructions closely. by and large anachem gets great reviews on the full range, I’d use it myself but extra carefully/keep it wet/no sun kinda setup
Melted your headlights???

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
That’s the thing with some products, some just don’t use them correctly! Slap it on in the sunlight and leave to it dries! Some of these things should only be on for a few mins at most

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Melted your headlights???

its about all I could describe it as. Etched/melted. See pics. Headlights were crystal clear and required a fair bit of sanding to tidy them up a bit, that’s not dirt or bug splatter on them, it felt into the plastic.
The staining on the white panels buffed off with compound.

no doubt a unpopular post but i hope it’s taken more as a warning to use products properly

778E0FD9-5156-4935-938A-FBC2B8384F52.jpeg
7878C9E2-67BD-4A49-A276-6F509443BD40.jpeg
5273650C-F8B9-4653-8F65-0900899F5B7F.jpeg
D52F9E64-CDAD-4A4D-947A-C1B95F05C5EB.jpeg
7DFA19E0-8126-44B6-9C03-0C82D10FDC4D.jpeg

That’s the thing with some products, some just don’t use them correctly! Slap it on in the sunlight and leave to it dries! Some of these things should only be on for a few mins at most

exactly that. It’s very easy to read about a few products online like on Rms and think ‘feck it’s a miracle product I can lash on while making dinner’
as said, wasn’t me that used it but I was not happy to discover it wouldn’t wash off once home. A set of r34 headlights are a grand or more

so to be clear I’m not slating the range. Always read the label or seek instruction just.

Last edited:

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
I honestly don’t see the need for a pre-wash....
Rinse...Snow foam on a good PH neutral soap let sit and then wash car...rinse with a spray coating and dry with a drying-aid (Hybrid etc) works wonders.
Based on Having a decent wax/sealant on the car

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Depends on how dirty the car is but mixing pre wash (sprayed on first) then foam on top, works a treat - you can literally see the dirt dissolve off the car in the pool of foam on the ground.

With regards to the staining above, i would like the think that has been left on too long (either in the sunlight or on warm panels) as i had this problem before with a fall out product (not anachem) on our old black A3 where it stained the life out of it as i left it on in direct sunlight - learned from my mistake!

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
its about all I could describe it as. Etched/melted. See pics. Headlights were crystal clear and required a fair bit of sanding to tidy them up a bit, that’s not dirt or bug splatter on them, it felt into the plastic.
The staining on the white panels buffed off with compound.

no doubt a unpopular post but i hope it’s taken more as a warning to use products properly

View attachment 294652View attachment 294653View attachment 294654View attachment 294655View attachment 294656

exactly that. It’s very easy to read about a few products online like on Rms and think ‘feck it’s a miracle product I can lash on while making dinner’
as said, wasn’t me that used it but I was not happy to discover it wouldn’t wash off once home. A set of r34 headlights are a grand or more

so to be clear I’m not slating the range. Always read the label or seek instruction just.

Yeah that looks like an incorrect application method, and not respecting what the product is.

I honestly don’t see the need for a pre-wash....
Rinse...Snow foam on a good PH neutral soap let sit and then wash car...rinse with a spray coating and dry with a drying-aid (Hybrid etc) works wonders.
Based on Having a decent wax/sealant on the car

I agree 100%, but my wifes car gets washed about 5 times a year, so some form of prewash would make that job much easier.

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt
Is articulate a good prewash? I'm guessing it is.

I’ve yet to try hybrid (current stock of quick detailer needs to run dry first) but Articulate is the one thing from the range I couldn’t do without now. Best TFR I’ve used by far.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I love Articulate, it's probably my all round favourite washing product.

Tell me this lads, has anyone compared Hybrid with C2v3? I love C2 and people have said to me I should try Hybrid, but is it any better? My cars beads for 6 months after using C2v3.

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
Drives
335i MT Touring
I had put on a FB page about a gloss rinse / drying aid. Purity X seemed to be the best outcome according to the FB chaps.
I'm looking it for times when I can't / can't be arsed drying or when the weather can't commit to staying dry. If it took well to a dry and we buff with a mf then happy days. I have detailing spray / liquid wax for the times I want to leave them perfect but I'm looking something with little hassle I can wack on through the gun.

Any ideas or is purity X the one to go for?
IMG_20200907_081717.jpg