Sometimes you can't help but look at your car once you have washed it! Post your pics..

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I love Articulate, it's probably my all round favourite washing product.

Tell me this lads, has anyone compared Hybrid with C2v3? I love C2 and people have said to me I should try Hybrid, but is it any better? My cars beads for 6 months after using C2v3.

I use C2V3 on our cars as we both have gtechiq coatings but I used hybrid on my wifes Q5 and I do think the beading characteristics are a lot better and last longer

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Purity X I swear by.... it’s so good and a small bottle will last donkeys coz only need a few ml each go..
So easy to apply- 5ml in 500ml water in foam lance over while car
I still dry car off - but technically If you rinsed the Purity with DI water you could walk away

Last edited:

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Started on a mates Leon. Inside is done, just needs dressed. Outside is washed, decontaminated chemically then mechanically and now in the garage to get paint correction started tomorrow.

20200910_141223.jpg

20200910_141202.jpg

20200910_133853.jpg

20200910_130257.jpg

20200910_121906.jpg

20200910_195051.jpg

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Give the golf a wash - gleam, articulate, laser, purge, tarminator, ultragloss, hybrid and hydraclean. For an 18 year old car, it is in fantastic shape/condition, and I feel bad for how unloved it is by me at times. It is by no means perfect, but rust free and honest so cleans up really well
CCE38C00-5247-482F-AC97-9F9CB61E0B8E.jpeg
5C43A329-548E-4BCC-A08C-EFCD7B31B019.jpeg

Attachments

• 1F0D076A-AE83-4CF4-B5D1-5BAE36083678.jpeg
    1F0D076A-AE83-4CF4-B5D1-5BAE36083678.jpeg
    353.4 KB · Views: 100

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
IMG-20200912-WA0002.jpeg

Something a bit different. The DC5 was serviced this week and while it was in, I got the new rocker cover (courtesy of one @Neil_M, cheers buddy) swapped over but the engine bay was stinking. I famously hate engine bay cleaning but it was a shame to leave it looking dirty with the new cover in so gave it a quick spray with the pressure washer, some Meguiers engine detailer, rinse and then interior detailer on the plastic bits (I really need to get some Anachem trim for that) and we'll, it's not perfect but it's a lot better than it was.

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
Drives
335i MT Touring
That time of the week! So the C5 has changed hands and me ma now has a 320d she bought from @G N K
This week, I ran a D.A over it with mezerna heavy cut and gave it a coat of "detail freaks" ceramic wax.

Don't buy that wax it's a nightmare, plus IW WAX-SAFE PREWASH ate into it like no one's business, which doesn't on near any other wax I've used... meaning I had to then go over it with BH double speed.

Anyway, the 2 e9x's are now well cleaned and coated.

IMG_20200912_133235_003.jpg
IMG_20200912_133253.jpg
IMG_20200913_152950.jpg
IMG_20200913_153016.jpg
IMG_20200912_133308.jpg
IMG_20200913_153008.jpg

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Got my mates Leon finished today. Got the works over the last 3 days. Inside dusted, hoovered, windows cleaned, all plastics scrubbed and dressed, engine bay degreased and dressed,voutside washed, chemical and mechanical decon, 2 stage polish, ceramic coated, windscreen coated, wheels deconned, tyres scrubbed and dressed and whatever else I did LOL

20200913_180454.jpg

20200913_182028.jpg

20200913_181941.jpg

20200913_181916.jpg

20200913_181904.jpg

20200913_140357.jpg

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Not a popular car but that’s a bonus in my book as they are quite rare sight on the road, still love it as much as the day I bought it 5 years back!

Not a great location or pic but as I walked back to it the other day it looked kinda clean so I took a wee pic.

A8DEE42E-D483-45F9-BD29-3238FDC5197C.jpeg

Last edited:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
be cautious with anachem pre wash products and follow instructions. It melted the front of my skyline headlights and left the entire car bleached and needed machine polishing and wet sanding

Possibly due to application method, I’ve no idea. Wasn’t me that used it, left it in for some work and the chap decided to give it a wash for me.. Not the only report of it either, I know of one other guy with similar end results

No doubt a lead balloon post on Rms but just a warning to follow instructions closely. by and large anachem gets great reviews on the full range, I’d use it myself but extra carefully/keep it wet/no sun kinda setup
Honestly dude, it'll not go down like a lead balloon, with me at least, and I doubt too many others on RMS. People don't sing my praises just because of my products, but I like to feel about me to.

The thing which makes both me, my products and my company different is that I am here to speak to you, and anyone else and to be able to answer questions.

I am here to be answerable if something goes wrong, as well as take on the praise, which I feel I deserve due to my work ethos.

Not the only report of it either, I know of one other guy with similar end results

Nobody I am aware of has contacted me, so I cannot agree or disagree with you on that.

So on to your car.

I remember taking the phone call from the guy who done it to your car. He was in a panic at what happened, and he made a few mistakes.

He was trying to do a favour by leaving your car back to you as clean as he possibly could. He applied too concentrated articulate onto warm panels in the sun and it dried out. Not the cleverest thing he done, but it was a chemical staining accident which was thankfully easy to rectify.

its about all I could describe it as. Etched/melted. See pics. Headlights were crystal clear and required a fair bit of sanding to tidy them up a bit, that’s not dirt or bug splatter on them, it felt into the plastic.
The staining on the white panels buffed off with compound.

no doubt a unpopular post but i hope it’s taken more as a warning to use products properly

View attachment 294652View attachment 294653View attachment 294654View attachment 294655View attachment 294656

exactly that. It’s very easy to read about a few products online like on Rms and think ‘feck it’s a miracle product I can lash on while making dinner’
as said, wasn’t me that used it but I was not happy to discover it wouldn’t wash off once home. A set of r34 headlights are a grand or more

so to be clear I’m not slating the range. Always read the label or seek instruction just.

On to the 'melted headlights'

There is no way on earth that Articulate could have done that. Ever.

Articulate in its raw undiluted form is a high pH alkaline based product. To have an affect like that on plastic (and that includes headlights which were previously wet sanded, so had lost some of their UV protection) you need a solvent. And it turned out that he believed a solvent from his other work came in contact with your headlights. Unfortunately when he was doing everything, it looked like it was all the same thing.

Think about it like this - I sell Articulate in plastic drums. I have samples in PET bottles from each batch which I keep for around 2 years for traceability. It comes in a 1000lt IBC and its not melting any of that plastic.

Solvents are a different matter. They come in metal containers, fluorinated plastic or PET. If solvents come in contact with soft plastics (take a look at most Golf mk5 which drive round with really hazy and/or cracked headlights as a good example) and you will see what happens.

But it's all been sorted in the end I believe. And I offered help and support at all times throughout.

I appreciate that you are not slating the range, but this is the first time its been spoken about really, and as you say, the instructions on the labels are often not read correctly.

I had put on a FB page about a gloss rinse / drying aid. Purity X seemed to be the best outcome according to the FB chaps.
I'm looking it for times when I can't / can't be arsed drying or when the weather can't commit to staying dry. If it took well to a dry and we buff with a mf then happy days. I have detailing spray / liquid wax for the times I want to leave them perfect but I'm looking something with little hassle I can wack on through the gun.

Any ideas or is purity X the one to go for?
View attachment 294659
your car looks fantastic already with great beading.

All I'll say in relation to hybrid is I put it up against some of the big names mentioned on this thread on Detailing World, and I'm delighted in how it was received, as were the owners of DW too...

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Honestly dude, it'll not go down like a lead balloon, with me at least, and I doubt too many others on RMS. People don't sing my praises just because of my products, but I like to feel about me to.

The thing which makes both me, my products and my company different is that I am here to speak to you, and anyone else and to be able to answer questions.

I am here to be answerable if something goes wrong, as well as take on the praise, which I feel I deserve due to my work ethos.

Nobody I am aware of has contacted me, so I cannot agree or disagree with you on that.

So on to your car.

I remember taking the phone call from the guy who done it to your car. He was in a panic at what happened, and he made a few mistakes.

He was trying to do a favour by leaving your car back to you as clean as he possibly could. He applied too concentrated articulate onto warm panels in the sun and it dried out. Not the cleverest thing he done, but it was a chemical staining accident which was thankfully easy to rectify.

On to the 'melted headlights'

There is no way on earth that Articulate could have done that. Ever.

Articulate in its raw undiluted form is a high pH alkaline based product. To have an affect like that on plastic (and that includes headlights which were previously wet sanded, so had lost some of their UV protection) you need a solvent. And it turned out that he believed a solvent from his other work came in contact with your headlights. Unfortunately when he was doing everything, it looked like it was all the same thing.

Think about it like this - I sell Articulate in plastic drums. I have samples in PET bottles from each batch which I keep for around 2 years for traceability. It comes in a 1000lt IBC and its not melting any of that plastic.

Solvents are a different matter. They come in metal containers, fluorinated plastic or PET. If solvents come in contact with soft plastics (take a look at most Golf mk5 which drive round with really hazy and/or cracked headlights as a good example) and you will see what happens.

But it's all been sorted in the end I believe. And I offered help and support at all times throughout.

I appreciate that you are not slating the range, but this is the first time its been spoken about really, and as you say, the instructions on the labels are often not read correctly.

your car looks fantastic already with great beading.

All I'll say in relation to hybrid is I put it up against some of the big names mentioned on this thread on Detailing World, and I'm delighted in how it was received, as were the owners of DW too...

ye it’s good to get some explanation behind it all, like I said it was just a prompt to always read labels and that applies to all products. I did try make that clear as was not wanting to shine any bad light on your products.

it_carwasher

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche
Two washed today, Bilt snowed and on their toes, the 992 had a quick speed wax. Ready for a cruise tomorrow.
Wheels off wash this morning. Not perfect if you look closely but good enough for the north coast ice cream run.

View attachment 295821
That is beaut!

Attachments

• IMG_6995.jpeg
    IMG_6995.jpeg
    569.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_6997.jpeg
    IMG_6997.jpeg
    410.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_7002.jpeg
    IMG_7002.jpeg
    301.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_6999.jpeg
    IMG_6999.jpeg
    490.8 KB · Views: 107

kristen

RMS Regular
Drives
Meganers250
Yep that was me. Ice cream run turned into a full three course meal AND an ice cream

Did you spot the 930 Turbo?
Always the way, was the weather for it, and yes I did was very nice been a while since Iv saw one

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Two washed today, Bilt snowed and on their toes, the 992 had a quick speed wax. Ready for a cruise tomorrow.

That is beaut!

Ah, you don’t live far from me, walk passed your house regularly when im out with the Nippers :grinning:

Always admiring as I pass :grinning: