Sometimes you can't help but look at your car once you have washed it! Post your pics..

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
y_rNBKoxTCiOFeI9ukqNMA.jpg

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I don’t have a normal routine. Usually took it to the car wash and got someone else to do it.

my outlook on car washing is pressure wash , sponge shampoo then rinse lol

I spent all morning on the anachem site looking at what they offer.. head pickled !

I have a karcher k2 power washer.

My list of 'essentials' for routine maintenance would be (if buying all from Anachem),

Cleanse for wheels and tyres,
Ultrafoam and a lance (not essential, but looks good for Insta photos)
Either Articulate (has a great dilution ratio, so only a small amount needed) or Citra Clean (haven't used this myself, but is reviewed very well) as a pre-wash (only 1 or the other, both wouldn't be 'needed')
Gleam for shampoo
Ultragloss as a drying aid, but not essential
Hybrid as a q/d for after washing.

On top of that, you'll need a decent wash mitt, 2 buckets with grit guards and a decent drying towel (i like the 1400gsm twisted loop ones for drying, but I tend to just blo dry cars now as less contact equals less swirls)

If you want to go full decontamination you'll be wanting Purge iron fallout remover and Tarminator for tar removal.

On top of all that, you'll be wanting decent trigger sprayers and quality microfiber cloths too. If starting from zero pounds, I'd say your basket will soon get to around the £200 mark. Bundle Kit 5 covers most bases, and just add the extra of what you need on top of it.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I don’t have a normal routine. Usually took it to the car wash and got someone else to do it.

my outlook on car washing is pressure wash , sponge shampoo then rinse lol

I spent all morning on the anachem site looking at what they offer.. head pickled !

I have a karcher k2 power washer.

Yeah, it's not hard to spend quite a bit of time, and money on there to be honest.

For me a foam lance and pre washing products are absolute musts.

And you will be really surprised how well the car can come up by using the right products.

My brother recently bought an Astra Coupe with about 80k on it, couldn't believe how well it came up by giving it a proper wash with good products.

-herc-

RMS Regular
My list of 'essentials' for routine maintenance would be (if buying all from Anachem),

Either Articulate (has a great dilution ratio, so only a small amount needed) or Citra Clean (haven't used this myself, but is reviewed very well) as a pre-wash (only 1 or the other, both wouldn't be 'needed')
Gleam for shampoo

On top of that, you'll need a decent wash mitt, 2 buckets with grit guards and a decent drying towel (i like the 1400gsm twisted loop ones for drying, but I tend to just blo dry cars now as less contact equals less swirls)

If you want to go full decontamination you'll be wanting Purge iron fallout remover and Tarminator for tar removal.

On top of all that, you'll be wanting decent trigger sprayers and quality microfiber cloths too. If starting from zero pounds, I'd say your basket will soon get to around the £200 mark. Bundle Kit 5 covers most bases, and just add the extra of what you need on top of it.
Cheers pal.

So Cleanse , Ultrafoam , Articulate , Gleam , Ultragloss , Hybird ??

Premium quality car products at affordable prices -Anachem Automotive looking at kit 5 the only one missing is Cleanse. anything else i need? have a powerwasher so just a spray gun for the lance?

Thanks

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Cheers pal.

Premium quality car products at affordable prices -Anachem Automotive looking at kit 5 the only one missing is Cleanse. anything else i need? have a powerwasher so just a spray gun for the lance?

Thanks
Personally I would swap out articulate for Citraclean and add articulate down the line once you get your head around that. Nice for removing bugs and the like. Tar remover might be a good shout but I often just use petrol for that lol.

Decent mitt, maybe a hog hair brush too which is handy for round wheel nuts and grilles etc. Decent drying towel and a dozen micro fibres.

Something to know now is do no use fabric softener with you microfibers etc. Just clogs them and ruins them.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Cheers pal.

Thanks

Those 6 would be the minimum, and add Ultraslick to it too (forgot to add the tyre dressing in the last post). I would definitely add Cleabse to that bundle for removing grime from tyre walls as well as helping clean the wheels.

I think Ross is awaiting stock of foam canons, but should be with him soon (according to his Insta post) Wash mitt, buckets and towels and you're all set 👌🏼

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Minty mint 👍

thanks, going onto 5yrs ownership now and its now at a point where its going to be a keeper, and then maybe add to the fleet eventually lol. would easily say its the cleanest car I've owned over the years. have you noticed the prices of the 350zs over the last few months?

Lee

RMS Regular
If you're new to washing your own car I wouldn't over complicate it personally. Unless you want the car swirl free and have the time.

My process is, spray the car with well watered down TFR. Prewash with power washer.

Snowfoam. Sponge top to bottom. Sponge door shuts. Do wheels last and keep separate sponge for the wheels.

Rinse.

Spray wax.

Rinse.

Chamois dry.

Dress tyres.

I might get a bit of heat for that method 😆 maybe swap the sponge for a mitt. And Chamois for a drying towel.

I use some Anachem products. Hard to beat.

thefool1983

RMS Regular
thanks, going onto 5yrs ownership now and its now at a point where its going to be a keeper, and then maybe add to the fleet eventually lol. would easily say its the cleanest car I've owned over the years. have you noticed the prices of the 350zs over the last few months?
Yeah they deffo shooting up.
I'd love a real mint (non rusty) one to keep good. I'd probably need to act fast!

Edit i quite like having the rough one too. I can throw it about without worrying about stoving it!

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
What are they getting now? Mate had a really tidy one a few years ago think sold for around £7k. I'd a decent run it it, superb thing to drive really really liked it, can see why you've kept that!

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Yeah they deffo shooting up.
I'd love a real mint (non rusty) one to keep good. I'd probably need to act fast!

Edit i quite like having the rough one too. I can throw it about without worrying about stoving it!

I completely get that idea lol, I’m now easier on it than I was 3-4yrs back. Yup it still gets hammered back roads, and junctions get the ‘grip-tolerances check’ etc but I’m now past the attempted roundabout slides etc incase I bend it lol.

would love a little drift tramp to abuse lol.
What are they getting now? Mate had a really tidy one a few years ago think sold for around £7k. I'd a decent run it it, superb thing to drive really really liked it, can see why you've kept that!

seen a 90k vert ‘06 for 10k online in bangor private seller (dreamer money) but clean lower miles de/Rev ups now sitting 7.5-8k and the HR models starting to click back closer to 9-10k

but thing I’m noticing is that less and less are now for sale which is a good sign. Gumtree / market place used to be filled with 3k-4K examples

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
My wee Bosch power washer of 5 years is finally giving up the ghost, was planning to replace it with a better machine this summer anyway, recommendations? Nilfisk and Kranzle seem like good units but not sure which model to go for? Ideally only like to spend £300-400, but like most things I'll probably be tempted by something more expensive... lol

Are the machines with a built in hose reel a good job?

MarkM

RMS Regular
My wee Bosch power washer of 5 years is finally giving up the ghost, was planning to replace it with a better machine this summer anyway, recommendations? Nilfisk and Kranzle seem like good units but not sure which model to go for? Ideally only like to spend £300-400, but like most things I'll probably be tempted by something more expensive... lol

I bought an E160 a few months ago with the built in reel and anti kink hose, great washer so far

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late

Gleam for shampoo

Thank you very much for doing that. I couldn’t have put it better myself

At the 3-400 price youll not get a bad machine with either brand.

a retractable wind out anti kink hose would be great for storage etc. too

-herc-

RMS Regular
Thank you very much for doing that. I couldn’t have put it better myself

At the 3-400 price youll not get a bad machine with either brand.

a retractable wind out anti kink hose would be great for storage etc. too

I tried to order stuff on the anachem site last night but every time I added something to the basket it kept saying it was empty?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I tried to order stuff on the anachem site last night but every time I added something to the basket it kept saying it was empty?
Thats a really strange one mate - it hasn't even shown up in my back end as an abandoned checkout either

bikeit

RMS Regular
Cleanse for the tyres wheels and arches also used Wheel Woolies, dressed with Ultraslick, Articulate as a pre wash let is dwell for about 5 minutes apply Ultrafoam let it all dwell for about another 10 minutes, rinse off and handwash with Gleam rinse and apply Ultragloss , dry whole car apply Hybrid to bodywork and plastic trims, glass cleaned with Clearview.??

RMS.jpg