Southskys Back To his childhood

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
3F454B61-86DB-459B-A12F-16A90788D641.jpeg
84782851-AC82-40BB-A9EA-725990AF2205.jpeg
FE2C7E4B-3EB7-475D-8C0B-F4B3F1E7A9A1.jpeg
D743381C-8031-4AC7-B87D-8D6FD8BEE54C.jpeg
6F8027FD-537E-4F32-BEB2-075467052668.jpeg
72BDFB0E-FF72-4BE5-BEC4-62E94D39776F.jpeg
2B60196D-1840-475B-AF8D-C9C5A68749C9.jpeg
A1F3B759-E3EB-40F3-B21C-BFEEDAFC8394.jpeg
3E4E5086-7012-4A0E-B3E4-88B3CB8CA483.jpeg
53AA0F55-5C2A-4C9B-B03B-C837951E1052.jpeg
Well as few of youse may or not know I’m an old skool fool with an eye for the classics, and out of all your hyper cars, super cars and the likes the Vauxhall Nova is my “Eleanor”. As I have had my fair share of them over the years in every guise I always regretted not keeping atleast one so when this came up at the right ££ I thought it rude not to add it to the collection, although the boy thought I didn’t want it and advertised it yesterday I wasn’t long getting hold of him and the add took down and lifted it today... it’s an 1991 bitsa... 1ltr in the book but a properly converted 2ltr red top, with blue n grey sr interior and sitting on proper 16” speedlines. Good in all the right places just feeling unloved, Plans are to get it into the garage at home and make it a winter project... God knows what way it will end up but the main thing is to get it up and running safely as it hadn’t been on the road since 2012.. some Pics just of the day I went to see it and getting back to the garage at my dads today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryan

RMS Regular
It's crazy how you have that "one" car that you always come back to. For me it's the Bedford Rascal. Probably because it was the very first ever vehicle I had back when I was like 15-16. Been through a fair few Novas over the years too and this one certainly looks solid. I wouldn't mind a MK1 Nova for my collection.

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Whaaaaaaaaaa!!

Give us a go mister!

Shouldn't take much to tidy up, good base anyway. Bet you got it for a song too. Never got the chance to experience a red top Nova in my time. Bad case of jealousy here especially as its a diamond in the rough.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
OP
southsky sunrise
Drives
Old skool
My first car was a mk1 13sr in white, brought this home today and the look on my family’s faces was brilliant, Brought us back 20 or more years and for that alone It’s priceless

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
OP
southsky sunrise
Drives
Old skool
Whaaaaaaaaaa!!

Give us a go mister!

Shouldn't take much to tidy up, good base anyway. Bet you got it for a song too. Never got the chance to experience a red top Nova in my time. Bad case of jealousy here especially as its a diamond in the rough.
Any time Barry. Only I can’t be to blame when you fall for the ‘sh*t of the shovel’ performance lol

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Always had a soft spot for novas, again remind me of my teenage years. For me the car I always go back to is the classic shape Impreza turbo, they were the car to have when I was about 18. Looking forward to seeing your updates on this, great potential there.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Always had a soft spot for novas, again remind me of my teenage years. For me the car I always go back to is the classic shape Impreza turbo, they were the car to have when I was about 18. Looking forward to seeing your updates on this, great potential there.

I keep my eye out for one of those as well. They can be picked up for next to nothing now.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Just needs a GSi front bumper and thats the looks sorted.

Seems a good base to start from, hopefully see it out and about at some point.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I keep my eye out for one of those as well. They can be picked up for next to nothing now.

Yeah the uk Turbo 2000 can be got cheap now, very few that aren’t rotten now though! Fresh imports are the way to go but have went crazy price wise.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
OP
southsky sunrise
Drives
Old skool
I’m torn weather to strip this out and cage witch is fine for track days or the odd blip but I’m a creature of comfort so I’d maybe rather acquire a gsi interior and go down that road but with no sunroof it’ll always just look like a rep no mater what I do. Sure iv nothing but time now and any of the above will take plenty of it to do it right

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.