Space Grey E92 M3

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
@mattyc you need a combox to support bluetooth streaming. I am going to be retrofitting one into mine shortly. You need a few harnesses to make it fit into the existing loom

Gemma

RMS Regular
@G N K lol I think he got it a tad worse than I have, only time will tell lol but no internet poles knocked down my way lol

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
@dempster__ I've been waiting on my logbook since middle of October!! I rang them there during the week....ooo we haven't recieved anything, please send more....FML!!

I must ring next week to see what’s up with it! Driving me mad not having it : unamused:

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
So finally got around to tackling a few minor modifications today along with my long awaited tag book so I could finally get my new reg on!

So this is how the front end started out with fully chrome grills and standard halogen angel eye bulbs...

Taking the grills out I gave in behind them a good clean and finished off with sonax BSD just to tidy it up for any flies who will be coming in for a short stay

Plate and plate holder removed. Definitely love the look of no front plate on these, looks proper mean but unfortunately has to go on :rolleyes: just a few snaps of the car with lights, grills and plate fitted. I am super pleased how this is turning out so far!

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
Looks proper mean without the front plate on! Though that wee reg does look really well, lot better than the original plate that was on!

Cheers! I’ll maybe get the bumper flushed in the new year and run without a plate looking at that today

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Looking well, did you change the angel eyes to LED?

How long did the log book take? Still waiting on mine ffs.

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
The NEM led kit would look the part on that car! Thinking about buying the kit for mine but worried it'll be a nightmare to do.

NEM lights.jpg

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
The NEM led kit would look the part on that car! Thinking about buying the kit for mine but worried it'll be a nightmare to do.

View attachment 215996

See a lot of people do this but it involves splitting the headlights and putting in new rings as far as I’m aware? I know a lot of people don’t like the partially lit outer rings so usually opt for this but does look well

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
See a lot of people do this but it involves splitting the headlights and putting in new rings as far as I’m aware? I know a lot of people don’t like the partially lit outer rings so usually opt for this but does look well
Yeah, splitting the lights and changing the rings.

I think the front bumper has to come off to get the lights out too!

Might try it on mine so will let you know how easy or hard it is to do!

Phil_D

RMS Regular
Did we pass each other yesterday ? Can’t remember where I was but nearly sure it was this car...Belfast somewhere.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Love that. Plate makes such a difference.

Is the outer ring not lit? Or is it just hard to photograph because of the LED power?

From memory there’s only 1 option for proper bright LEDs to replicate the LCi model, but they are circa £200 I believe :worried:.

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
Looking well, did you change the angel eyes to LED?

How long did the log book take? Still waiting on mine ffs.

Yea did to just the 80W led ones!

Took mine around 3 weeks maybe more? I just rang because I was getting impatient to see what stage it was at or if it was sent to the wrong address.

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
Did we pass each other yesterday ? Can’t remember where I was but nearly sure it was this car...Belfast somewhere.

Wouldn’t have been Belfast bud, only place I was yesterday was around ballymena! Only made the trip to Belfast once in that car.

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
Love that. Plate makes such a difference.

Is the outer ring not lit? Or is it just hard to photograph because of the LED power?

From memory there’s only 1 option for proper bright LEDs to replicate the LCi model, but they are circa £200 I believe :worried:.

It is lit but would be dimmer compared to the halogen although the photograph doesn’t really do any justice.

I would love the really bright ones but unfortunately from what I gather there is very few that can replicate it and between spending £30 to £70 there doesn’t seem to be a massive difference on brightness.