Space Grey E92 M3

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Grills and plate make all the difference.
Did you put the plate holder back on or just stick plate to bumper?

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
Grills and plate make all the difference.
Did you put the plate holder back on or just stick plate to bumper?

Cheers pal, yeah just the plate straight onto the bumper with the plate holder removed as I think it gives it a cleaner look.

Gemma

RMS Regular
@dempster__ I'm looking to get the 4pipe mod done and was hoping it's not too loud whilst to driving normally about....I can't get over how quiet these are standard lol

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
@dempster__ I'm looking to get the 4pipe mod done and was hoping it's not too loud whilst to driving normally about....I can't get over how quiet these are standard lol

They are super quiet! Now to be fair the 4 pipe is pretty loud but that’s what I enjoy lol 2 or 2.5 seems to be the best bet with them if you are just after a bit more noise

Gemma

RMS Regular
@dempster__ I found a vid couple weeks ago on all of the different pipe mods with sound videos ....4 sound absolutely amazing lol other half was like....get that booked in now!! Lol

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
@Gemma if you search marks page on Instagram (mark_mcb_110) there’s a short clip video of mine ticking over from cold to give you an idea!

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
So the first time the car has been out in 3 weeks just thought I would grab a photo at the same place where I took my last one. Both different but still think I prefer the grey!

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
Christmas this year good old Santa brought me a genuine high kick carbon spoiler for the M3 which I have to say is an absolutely perfect fit! I’ve had really good replica carbon parts before but you just cannot beat the genuine for fit and quality.

I couldn’t wait any longer so after all the turkey and Christmas dinners I finally made it out today to remove the original painted lip spoiler and fit the replacement carbon one. Decided to just go with double sided 3M VHB tape rather than bonding as I may take a notion at some point to remove it. Couple of pictures of the original lip spoiler aswell as the the new one fitted. Personally I think it smartens up the rear end as the original isn’t particularly prominent or aggressive looking.

Another modification I have on my list is lowering the car as I think it sits quite high compared to my previous alpine edition M3 which was 10mm lower from factory (not much but made the difference). So started out looking at the eibach springs although they sit quite low at the back compared to the front which ruled them out, H&R are quite expensive at in around £260 but sit very nice although from reviews can be a rather hard ride so I decided to spend a little extra a go for a set of KW V1 coilovers which a friend of mine had in his M3 for a short space of time therefore seemed too good to pass up! These probably won’t be fitted until the new year when the car has a fresh MOT.

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
So the big lady had her MOT today (passed with flying colours of course) and it turns out it’s only done 1400 miles since it’s last test with me doing 1000 of them since I have purchased the car! Also got a few compliments in the test centre of how immaculate the car was which made my day :grinning:

Grabbed a sneaky ramp photo when it was in the air.

Gemma

RMS Regular
@dempster__ how you liking the 4 pipe mod now that you've lived with it for a couple weeks
Couple guys on m cars page is saying I'll regret 4 pipe as its so loud but as usual other half is like, car can never be to loud!! Lol

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
@dempster__ how you liking the 4 pipe mod now that you've lived with it for a couple weeks
Couple guys on m cars page is saying I'll regret 4 pipe as its so loud but as usual other half is like, car can never be to loud!! Lol

I'm afraid I am one of the guys saying it can never be too loud! lol

I don't find it too bad although it is quite loud but not anti- social. There can be a slight drone if you're on the motorway for a period of time but I don't drive my car everyday so it doesn't bother me too much. It really comes down to personal preference I guess!

If you're ever in the Ballymena area I can let you hear it for comparison if you want

Gemma

RMS Regular
@dempster__ I was thinking along the same lines as well I maybe use it once every 2/3 weeks so 4 pipe wouldn't annoy me plus the fact when I do drive it I maybe drive it 12mile if even, car is wasted on me