Speed camera detector

apollo

RMS Regular
OP
A
Drives
BMW
Certainly not illegal, and not sure why it would be dangerous, its detector not a jammer im looking for.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
The static cameras are now on Google maps I believe though maybe not in NI but deffo for the rest of the UK, though theres only a handful of them across the country so not hard to remember where they are really. They're all listed online if you want to know. The lasers used by police and the the van will have got you before you're alerted so detectors are basically pointless.

I used to have a 'Snooper' detector that I used when I went to England and it was very useful as there are cameras everywhere over there. It did work here too and was very accurate so that may be worth a shot if you do want one, should be able to get it for under £100 I'd say these days.

apollo

RMS Regular
OP
A
Drives
BMW
Cheers mate was more for mobile locations than static as you say only a handful of those. Google no use as want something permanently mounted in car

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
I had a snooper back in the day when I lived in England. It was ****!!! Went off everytime you drive past a building with automatic doors and as for the laser warning. If it went off it meant you'd already been pinged by the laser.

Was only useful for gatso camera's.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Your eyes generally work well at detecting them.

Just keep a look out on wide open safe roads with no or very low accident history, that's where most speed checks are.
Yeah, like bangor dual carriageway between Gransha and Donaghadee rd's at 08.00 yesterday morning. Like wtf!

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
The detectors are fine but the jammers are illegal. The dectectors are crap, your caught before they beep.

apollo

RMS Regular
OP
A
Drives
BMW
The detectors are fine but the jammers are illegal. The dectectors are crap, your caught before they beep.

Im looking for something that's has a good database of mobile camera locations to get an early warning of them, not looking to jam anything. Basically just anearly warning system.

KaraokeMidget

RMS Regular
Drives
Mx5
So never once in your life have you exceeded a speed limit, even by a fraction ?

I think it's safe to say anyone who makes that claim, is a liar.
Yes I have and to say different I would be a liar.
I have however never intentionally gone out to speed and used any means possible to stop getting caught.
To me this only increases the percentages of having a bad accident and it is usually an innocent party who comes off worse.

I'm no angel fella but my brother is now.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
And neither do most other people, and there is no impression the OP is wanting to do that either

And as you would well know, speed is way down the list of actual causes of accidents, although yes in those circumstances speed can alter the severity.
More often than not it's some blind **** pulling into the path of other vehicles that causes the crash though

apollo

RMS Regular
OP
A
Drives
BMW
Having already got 3 points for 35 in a 30 (going down a steep hill) I would like keep it at 3 points. I never go out to intentionally speed either but we all go over the speed limit from time to time. At no point did I state I wanted to drive with excess speed but with so many mobile safety vans about a bit of pre warning doesn't do any harm.