Speed cameras save lives!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

BJ

Banned
I seen it on the news it must be true! :roll:

Anyone else take anything that gob****e Alastair Darling says with a bit of scepticism?

The recent introduction of more mobile units and a handfull of fixed cameras are certainly having an effect on the NI fatality rate aren't they? :p

Anybody else even entertain the idea that safer cars for example a lot of new Renaults are 5 star NCAP rated "may" be resulting in fewer deaths/serious injuries in crashes or are we all being brainwashed into thinking that not going 10MPH over the limit is sooooooo much safer than putting resourses into drink/drug/tired/impatient drivers?

and have you seen the state of the freaks who represent the anti driver lobby in England? :eek: :x Wonder how long before we get the brigade of gimps who want a return to horses and carts! :laughing:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
there are still lots and lots of deaths in northern ireland despite thir "so called" campaign!

2 people have died and 2 have been seriously injured on my road alone in the past few months!!

Porter

RMS Regular
it was also mentioned that in some areas of speed cams that accidents WERE INCREASED.

bob

RMS Regular
CP02TER said:
it was also mentioned that in some areas of speed cams that accidents WERE INCREASED.

most likely caused by people having to keep their eye out for some **** hiding in a hedge with a hairdryer

djlee_dj

RMS Regular
Drives
bob said:
CP02TER said:

most likely caused by people having to keep their eye out for some c**t hiding in a hedge with a hairdryer

very valid point

paying more attention to the side of the road , instead of the cars/road ahead, like the guy in the megane in that 'slow down boys' advert

on the radio, some1 was sayin its just well presented, and the so called 'benefits/plus points' are well presented , were as the downsides of the report(s) arent mentioned

POD

RMS Regular
BJ said:
I seen it on the news it must be true! :roll:

Anyone else take anything that gob****e Alastair Darling says with a bit of scepticism?

The recent introduction of more mobile units and a handfull of fixed cameras are certainly having an effect on the NI fatality rate aren't they? :p

Anybody else even entertain the idea that safer cars for example a lot of new Renaults are 5 star NCAP rated "may" be resulting in fewer deaths/serious injuries in crashes or are we all being brainwashed into thinking that not going 10MPH over the limit is sooooooo much safer than putting resourses into drink/drug/tired/impatient drivers?

and have you seen the state of the freaks who represent the anti driver lobby in England? :eek: :x Wonder how long before we get the brigade of gimps who want a return to horses and carts! :laughing:

those new renaults, wouldnt have one about me. u only have to look at the amount of accident that have happened and the cars that where in the crash to see that the majority of deaths occur when a renault is involved.

revlimiter

RMS Regular
only thing ive learned is how in-accurate my speedo is!drove past you all know the transit van but had that new display outside it telling you your speed my speedo read 35 and it showed 28 and im assumin there means is the more accurate! :roll:

Bryan

RMS Regular
Speed cameras are just another money-making scheme to suck us Northern Ireland motorists dry... we must be the worst off in the entire world when it comes to motoring!

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
At least there aren't fixed cameras on every corner like some parts of England. Their findings are just part of the usual motoring propoganda.

Andy

Bryan

RMS Regular
Just as well there aren't fixed cameras about as much.... the friggin cost of MOT/TAX/Insurance over here makes up for it but!

BurntCarcus

RMS Regular
Drives
Scenic TomTom
rembem said:
yeah uks 500 speed cameras have saved 100 lives from wat i heard on the news last nite

balls

More like the 500 cameras have rolled in over 30 million quid!!!

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
if they were really only interested in trying to stop deaths then maybe then should just give out points instead of a fine also

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.