Speed Weekend NI, Balmoral Park, Lisburn

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

hippyross

RMS Regular
I have to say it wasn't as good as last year.
It was like a long walk each way to see a hand full of cars.
Pretty disappointed tbh as I was looking forward to it as last year's was a great show and loads to see.

avo5021

RMS Regular
Didn't go last year but this year I was fortunate to win 2 tickets to go courtesy of Darren Ligget at The Sun motoring column.

Chose to visit on Sunday and have to say was disappointed with the £5 car parking charge however I appreciate this may be out of the organisers hands and set by the Balmoral show side of things.

Thought it was an ok sort of day although spent more time chatting to folk than watching any cars, could maybe have benefitted from more static displays and/or trade stands ie cleaning products etc

Maybe it's a show that will improve year after year, maybe people are scared to venture out given the debacle of the Belfast Motor show last year and this years disaster of a Car Culture Live at Ards. .

KevM

RMS Regular
One of the guys told me that Balmoral park only confirmed a date for them 2 weeks before, leaving it difficult to organise to say the least!

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Photos and a brief report now online. Speed Weekend NI at Balmoral Park - RMS

Speed-Weekend-ReallyMeanSounds-66.jpg

Photos thanks to @S0NNY

MTKelly

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 5
Took part in the drag demo over the two days and all in all was a great relaxed weekend, few issues but sure isn't there always. From our perspective the "drag strip" would have been better if we could have run cars side by side and it could have done with a longer run off as we all had to ease off fairly early to get stopped before exiting through the fence, Saturday seemed quiet but Sunday was noticeably busier and given the other events that overlapped the dates and the size of the place I thought it was pretty respectable, good foundation to build on for future events.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.