Speeding course

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
I phoned up when i received the speeding fine and the guy on the phone booked me in at the time

Civicb16a

RMS Regular
OP
C
I got mine on road will i need to wait on a letter ive never done the course before

genman

G
all depends on the circumstances and by how much over the limit the driver was. not always offered

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
My Dad was stopped doing 45 in what he thought was a 40 (30) between Portstewart and Portrush a few weeks back.
Wasn’t even offered the course.
3 points and a £60 fine.

Ghost

RMS Regular
How many weeks does it take to be offered the course ??
Depends on your speed and whether or not you fall within the limits. I'd allow 2/3 weeks before you get a letter, and that will tell you whether you are eligible.

bmurf

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx
I was caught doing 74 on a 60 and got offered but was then declined for the course about 2 years ago

DavidY

RMS Regular
Drives
his wife mad.
First i knew about the offence was the penalty charge notice in the post. Within the envelope at the same time was a yellow slip offering me course. I sent it off, it was cheaper than the fine anyway and i went on the AA website online and booked in with them to do the course in Belfast anout 3 weeks later. Did the day. Nothing more was said. End of. Simple process really considering I got caught in England.....

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Anyone know what the 60mph threshold is for getting offered the course?

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Yep just got a letter through for 40 in a 30.. either way I’m taking the points.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Honestly why on earth would you take points on your licence over the course? It's too easy to rack them up, if points are avoidable I'd take that route.
You been on one Gav ? Last time I was I swore never again and I’d have preferred the points
Naturally that was in the heat of the moment !

I’ve never ever been more perplexed than trying to figure out how some of my fellow course mates had a licence. Some of the questions were ridiculously easy and yet no one seemed to know the answers - literally gobsmaked at the time

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Honestly why on earth would you take points on your licence over the course? It's too easy to rack them up, if points are avoidable I'd take that route.

I couldn’t sit through it.. I’d explode.

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
I did a course recently . Wasn't to bad and some things quite interesting. Also you had to get into groups and come up with ideas

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
  • 30 mph up to and including 42 mph
  • 40 mph up to and including 53 mph
  • 50 mph up to and including 64 mph
  • 60 mph up to and including 75 mph
  • 70 mph up to and including 86 mphp
@Apis

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
You been on one Gav ? Last time I was I swore never again and I’d have preferred the points
Naturally that was in the heat of the moment !

I’ve never ever been more perplexed than trying to figure out how some of my fellow course mates had a licence. Some of the questions were ridiculously easy and yet no one seemed to know the answers - literally gobsmaked at the time

I haven't been on one Chris no, but you can be assured I'd take a day of any crap rather than 3 years of points on my licence.

And as stated they're easily accumulated so it's a complete no brainer in my eyes.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
What speed were you doing @Apis Who do you think you are? Me on the republic autoban :joy:
Lets just say I'm not in the mood for banter right now. . :sweat: It was well over the threshold so I'll have to sweat it out until letter No.2 hits the mat.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.