Speeding In Scotland 2020

CantDrive55

Drives
Audi S8
Coming into cairnryan near the Stena port, was doing max 38 in a 30, got zapped by a camera van. Will points be added to my DVA issued Licence, given I live and acquired it in NI (Ive heard of a ghost licence thing but not sure if its still there).

Or how does the system work, what can I expect to happen? Thanks

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Probably get a letter within the next 2 weeks offering maybe the awareness course or fine with points.

Enjoy the wait lol

e320mark

RMS Regular
Yes! Was in Liverpool in feb and the other car we were with went past 2 separate cameras about 38 in 30, letters in post & 6 points!

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Probably get a letter within the next 2 weeks offering maybe the awareness course or fine with points.

Enjoy the wait lol

Unlesss things have changed in the last few years there’s No speed awareness courses in Scotland - it’s straight to 3 points and £100 fine I believe. The points will go on a “ghost licence” however still need declared where relevant.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
I got 4 points and £305 fine for 56mph in a 30 at Xmas, but I was caught by the police an not a van

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Unlesss things have changed in the last few years there’s No speed awareness courses in Scotland - it’s straight to 3 points and £100 fine I believe. The points will go on a “ghost licence” however still need declared where relevant.
This ^. £100 fine and points on a ghost licence. I don't think anything has changed in the last couple of years.

Davytog

RMS Regular
Drives
GTD
Same thing for me in Cairnryan going for the boat about 5 years ago. Points went on Ghost Licence

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
I got stopped on the last day trip, waiting to hear but they told me it was going to be ghost points and a fine.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Should have got more doing that speed in a 30 zone to be fair.
Reduced it as I never pleaded not guilty. Was honest an told the police officer I’ll not deny or fight the case. Then said can I please go as my boat was about to leave an I had to book 😂