Speeding in the south

RM55MCC

RMS Regular
Drives
fn2 type r gt
If caught speeding in south by road side camera Van , do you get points on your N.i licence or what’s the craic??

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Not sure about fixed cameras. I got busted by the garda's a few years back and he gave me a bollocking but said they couldn't process points on an NI licence. Might have changed though.

RM55MCC

RMS Regular
OP
RM55MCC
Drives
fn2 type r gt
This is the thing no one seems to no lol and it’s no we’re to be found on line .

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
This is the thing no one seems to no lol and it’s no we’re to be found on line .
Cross your fingers. I've passed roadside vans at a decent pace and touch wood haven't got a letter yet.

RM55MCC

RMS Regular
OP
RM55MCC
Drives
fn2 type r gt
Hope so , every corner turn down here Gosafe Van .

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
Afaik it’s an €80 fine and 3 points on an Irish ‘ghost’ licence as such. Non transferable to northern licence. Bans are recognised in both jurisdictions though.

RM55MCC

RMS Regular
OP
RM55MCC
Drives
fn2 type r gt
So if you get banned completely you can’t drive on north or south? But you get the points on a ghost licence and not on your N.I licence?

RevT

RMS Regular
Points will go on an ROI ‘ghost’ licence that will be created for you.

Avant1

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Afaik it’s an €80 fine and 3 points on an Irish ‘ghost’ licence as such. Non transferable to northern licence. Bans are recognised in both jurisdictions though.
Yea that’s what I got ... but was pulled after they hair dryer im not sure about the vans though .. they also send you letter to let you know the points are off the electronic licence once the 3 years has lapsed

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
And the temptation to horse it on is high. I learnt a lesson a few years ago in Holland, 2 speeding fines in 2 days and they were up on 1k. Thats the way to deter people tbh, no points just stinking fines

When I first was going to Berlin, I left the Hook of Holland at around 2 in the morning after being delayed by Border checks (pre free movement) and wanted to make up time. The roads around Rotterdam and Amsterdam were empty so once I got onto the E30 heading East away from Amsterdam, I started pushing on, was in a middle lane and nobody around. I started seeing flashes as I was coming out under bridges but having never experienced a speed camera of any sort, I just piled on. It took a couple of times before I twigged that it couldn't be lightning timed exactly as I emerged from under the bridges.... 🤦‍♂️ Thankfully I never heard a thing as this was years before Swansea had NI registrations on their database so if they were asked by Jonny Foreigner police who owned the car, it would have just been marked as exported.

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
When I first was going to Berlin, I left the Hook of Holland at around 2 in the morning after being delayed by Border checks (pre free movement) and wanted to make up time. The roads around Rotterdam and Amsterdam were empty so once I got onto the E30 heading East away from Amsterdam, I started pushing on, was in a middle lane and nobody around. I started seeing flashes as I was coming out under bridges but having never experienced a speed camera of any sort, I just piled on. It took a couple of times before I twigged that it couldn't be lightning timed exactly as I emerged from under the bridges.... 🤦‍♂️ Thankfully I never heard a thing as this was years before Swansea had NI registrations on their database so if they were asked by Jonny Foreigner police who owned the car, it would have just been marked as exported.
I ignored it tbh then got a letter for ni courts for one of them. It went back to gbp equivalent of original fine (last letters from Holland had more than doubled) so paid one and never heard more about the second

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
I ignored it tbh then got a letter for ni courts for one of them. It went back to gbp equivalent of original fine (last letters from Holland had more than doubled) so paid one and never heard more about the second
I got a letter from the French in 2018 for being busted by a camera. I was 3kph over the limit, €90 fine.

RM55MCC

RMS Regular
OP
RM55MCC
Drives
fn2 type r gt
If go’s on ghost licence and not on my N.I licence I’d be happy enough , pay fine and get on with it

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I got caught at the end of Sept at a roadside check point. Real pleasant guard, was doing 60 in a 30.
Told me it would be a fixed fine as he couldn't give me points. Fine arrived and paid it, and then a few weeks later I got a letter telling me I had been awarded 3 points for my efforts. Never handed my licence in so assume it's the ghost licence as stated above.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Might have got pinged yesterday just outside Dublin. Roadside van tucked well in. Was a few in front of me and I managed to scrub a bit of pace off so fingers crossed

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Might have got pinged yesterday just outside Dublin. Roadside van tucked well in. Was a few in front of me and I managed to scrub a bit of pace off so fingers crossed

Goes on ghost licence, and you pay the fine.

I've a southern licence and a northern car. Best of both worlds 😂