Spoiler

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I'm putting a spoiler on my 306 and want to know what the easiest/best way to put it on is! Is windscreen bonder a good job or not?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
i used bond. i just have the d-turbo spoiler, but cut the bolts off as i didnt favour drilling holes in the glass

Bryan

RMS Regular
I'd end up smashing it... I think the bonding idea is the best - that's what I'd use if I had to do it.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I was drilling tiles in the bathroom the other day and it was hairy enough - thought the whole tile was gonna crack.

I wouldn't like to try and drill glass - do you need a special drill bit?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
apparently just your average wood drill bit does the trick :roll:

back on the spoiler subject, i saw a msart looking totally standard blue 306 sedan in banbridge yesterday, with a "subtle" jap spoiler bolted on the boot. looked well, an option i feel you should consider

Bryan

RMS Regular
I've been thinking about a spoiler for the sedan - was supposed to get a low level subaru spoiler for it but the guy never got back to me on it.

What you mean by "subtle jap spoiler"? I'm not into bolting air craft wings on the car... :lol:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
well this one looked more like a tower crane, so perhaps it would appeal to you?

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
u can drill glass easily. Just start with a small drill bit and work ur way up slowly. Set the drill to a high rpm and u will be grand

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
more along the lines of this little gem bryan..

viper-silv.jpg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
andy_gdon said:
u can drill glass easily. Just start with a small drill bit and work ur way up slowly. Set the drill to a high rpm and u will be grand

and use some machine fluid too so the drill bit doesnt over heat and crack the glass

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
wouldnt bother with machine fluid but put masking tape on both sides of the glass to stop the edges of the drilled hole chipping, when ur drilling.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.