Drives
for this year. yellow wheels it is..

ALL7MuG.jpg

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
iv been looking a LONG time for these bad boys... proper rocking horse ****,, a set of mori stacks, at last.

O4whIpp.jpg

a wee polish before fitting.

f4viyt7.jpg

IkCOsAb.jpg

they sound proper nasty when you open the taps up a bit...

and made a wee spacer for the damper to replace the ****ty botch up i had.

v7QBArY.jpg

rXUmTx0.jpg

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
Gotta be the best Firestorm in the country now Rab. (y)
You'll have to keep her now after the work/money thts went into it. ;)

its taken more work finding the parts for this than i ever wana think about lol.......iv had silly offers for it but its not going anywere...at least i know il never park it and come back to find another one beside it lol..... the engine change,pipes and now these have changed it to the point theres no firestorm left it in really...

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
its taken more work finding the parts for this than i ever wana think about lol.......iv had silly offers for it but its not going anywere...at least i know il never park it and come back to find another one beside it lol..... the engine change,pipes and now these have changed it to the point theres no firestorm left it in really...

Exceptional work sir ! (y)
Next time your up this direction giviz a shout, would love a good look round that beastie, must be a mean induction sound with those stacks.

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
had it out its first proper run with the stacks and the superlight flywheel i made for myself... lmfao what a complete tit of a bike lol...the induction noise over 5k is louder than the pipes lol...

at my age i should know better but im loving the insanity of it all..

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
a bit more tinkering.. iv a choice of front ends to fit .was gona go down the upside down route but im keeping it more period so in goes a blade front with 45s. as they used to be raced with these its kinda sticking to the plan.

2gs0CHJ.jpg

V8yJjN0.jpg

and a pad refresh and clean up and the brembos go back on.

xS6I1KR.jpg

purplea4T

RMS Regular
a bit more tinkering.. iv a choice of front ends to fit .was gona go down the upside down route but im keeping it more period so in goes a blade front with 45s. as they used to be raced with these its kinda sticking to the plan.

2gs0CHJ.jpg

V8yJjN0.jpg

and a pad refresh and clean up and the brembos go back on.

xS6I1KR.jpg
It’s still the gayest thing on the road though

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
and time to get rid of those road clocks and i happen to have a nice lightweight race front subframe, be rude not to use it.

msNoNfz.jpg

now all im doing is waiting for the postman to bring me the holy grail.......hurry up postie..

Ryan L

RMS Regular
Drives
SV650 minitwin
Nice brake guard, keep the scrutineers happy! ;):laughing:

Fantastic build, can't wait to see this monster in the flesh.

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
Nice brake guard, keep the scrutineers happy! ;):laughing:

Fantastic build, can't wait to see this monster in the flesh.

i cant wait to get a run round kirky on it...

santa was also good enough to bring me a heavy duty kevlar clutch kit as the standard storm one was having problems dealing with the gee gees....

also the standard 2 row oil cooler is going in the bin for a nice big 7 row to keep the motor chilled a bit more

Last edited:

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
ok its been a while... so spondon front and rear subframes found, rear one fitted, HRC ecu fitted. and at long last after hunting for 14 months a full high rise mori Ti race system getting fitted with prob the last set of brand new can skins on the planet.

kUNFrx1.jpg

3CXiDdX.jpg

qnThFMt.jpg

OYdgRbi.jpg

mnf3RPb.jpg

getting close to being finished for good this time..

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
when you see them up close its no wonder the mori stuff is mental money...

and after over a year of finding out this bikes history and going down a few blind alleys i have at last found its its history, from the horses mouth... it started life as a Honda britain hrc supported bike run by revolution racing and the rider was Mike ,spike Edwards.. i got chatting to him and he filled in the gaps for me.

it was run for the first year in club 18/30 colours,, heres a piccy of the promo shots when the team was launched.

DQB20NH.png

as much as riding it is nice im just glad i found the old girls history.. it for once and for all gets rid of the term race replica lol

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
Told you it needs to go back to the race livery, suitably cheesy.

im trying to get the young lady in the promo shot to re do it but its 20 years from that picture so things might not be just as perky lol..

fired it up to hear the pipes:scream:, think chainsaw going through bone !!!!!!! that pretty much covers the sound..

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
im trying to get the young lady in the promo shot to re do it but its 20 years from that picture so things might not be just as perky lol..

fired it up to hear the pipes:scream:, think chainsaw going through bone !!!!!!! that pretty much covers the sound..

No doubt her baps would be resting on the tank lol.

A video clip of the exhausts is required

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
well bar the front guard and a few bits and bobs its done... completly different bike to ride with the pipes and ecu fitted... it bares nothing to the firestorm it left Honda as.. infact bar the rear wheel and r/h switch gear nothing left...

i couldnt be more chuffed.. the pops and bangs and flames outa the pipes was worth the effort alone lol.

owxXVYO.jpg

2W0Sst8.jpg

W6d4yqs.jpg

8tT4TQf.jpg

mrHAJDI.jpg