spondon VTR

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
winter time means cave time, and iv always hated my top yoke. to road bikey looking if that makes sense but hunted down a nice flat top yoke with the same off set as the pretty girly one i was using.
its the little things that keep me awake at night lol

93HEAh1.jpg

V7qYsWX.jpg

purplea4T

RMS Regular
winter time means cave time, and iv always hated my top yoke. to road bikey looking if that makes sense but hunted down a nice flat top yoke with the same off set as the pretty girly one i was using.
its the little things that keep me awake at night lol

93HEAh1.jpg

V7qYsWX.jpg
You going for as many colours as Big Stevie?!

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
so the long running spondon swingarm saga is over and I WIN.

parts used.

spondon swingarm
bearings,sleeves,spacers and all sorts made up and fitted
new axle
honda wheel ,now running 4 bearings
new disc carrier
new caliper carrier
kawasaki front brake line
kawa disc
kawa caliper
carbon chainguard
Ti bolts holding as many things as i could find
lots of skinned knuckles late nights and pains in my arse.

agZKHzv.jpg

ssw3Voi.jpg

needs a good clean up but is done

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
last part of the rear end jigsaw arrived today, a nice new Talon sprocket. so cleaned up the pipes,fitted the sprocket and that the rear end wrapped up.

1BcaCUu.jpg

wkbTwNh.jpg

now all i need is a few mile to see all that lovely Ti turn blue..

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
Nice work Rab, that looks well trick.
What are you going to do with your time now ? Must be near time to sell it on, now it's complete. :grinning: lol

lol ooooh not a chance that this one gets sold, this ones going into the ground with me and if im honest with myself it will never really be finished lol.. plus iv near enough to starr building another one and iv the pegaso to keep on the road .

but im upto my neck in turning work with the lathes here. the world has went lightweight flywheel mad lol.. iv prob done 95% of every firestorm in europe running one and no sign of it slowing down anytime soon and the motox cross guys are starting to show interest in them aswell. so busy times and it pays for my spondon addiction lol

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
well its back on its wheels, cover your eyes if you dont do bright lol

front end changed now to run 320mm Aprilia discs on the Brembo,s with a wheel made for a yamaha.

lots of spacers and brackets made up/tidied up over the winter and the electronics all moved to the rear and rubber mounted, swingarm back in aswell, just an oil change,fit a chain and wait to get the tank painted and i think we have a wrap for this winter..

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
My god that's a lovely thing Rab.
Full credit, even the visible work and effort gone into that is outstanding.

its become an obsession now lol but the bike has to much history not to be brought back to life and used instead of rotting in a shed or some collector getting it to hide it away..

yes it has warts and battle scars but thats part of the attraction of this old girl for me

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
well as if ones not enough. old yellow i sold last June. it has come home to roost again.. should never have sold it really... so im a two vtr family again.

R3Y0BKT.jpg

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
one last sting in the tail. i just wasnt happy with the modded storm rear wheel. took mucho googling and checking but turned out a GSXR thou K3 rear wheel only needed a little modding to the spacers and brake bracket to fit, much happier and its lighter so after near 4 years iv got wheels im good with so spoilt it and even painted them the same colour lol.

so il call that a wrap, for the 17th time..

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
for the 18th time its finished, the brembo calipers and discs were just to modern. and the price of period pfm stuff would make your eyes water to the tune of £1800..
as luck would happen a mate came up trumps for me.

proper period bsb spec PFM six pots along with the matching 320 narrow track floaters.... braking wise, a different world to anything iv ever sat on, one finger back wheel in the air stuff.. i also went back to using the lighter Dymag wheel.

job done after 4 and a half years

purplea4T

RMS Regular
for the 18th time its finished, the brembo calipers and discs were just to modern. and the price of period pfm stuff would make your eyes water to the tune of £1800..
as luck would happen a mate came up trumps for me.

proper period bsb spec PFM six pots along with the matching 320 narrow track floaters.... braking wise, a different world to anything iv ever sat on, one finger back wheel in the air stuff.. i also went back to using the lighter Dymag wheel.

job done after 4 and a half years
Ran out of petrol again? 😂😂

fabiostar

RMS Regular
OP
fabiostar
Drives
well thankyou very much imgur, you total baaastard of a thing,just about every picture lost on any forum iv ever posted on down the drink, gotta love computers....

purplea4T

RMS Regular
well thankyou very much imgur, you total baaastard of a thing,just about every picture lost on any forum iv ever posted on down the drink, gotta love computers....
Having seen some stuff on your phone, you should see that as a blessing.