Sprayed Wheels

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
I have a set of 15" speedlines and I was wondering how much it would cost to get them sprayed white. I have seen some wheels before that have been sprayed and they are terrible a few months down the line because the paint has just flaked off. Are there any cleaning products out there that keep brake dust of the wheel.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Paint jobs can look crap and flaky because they were never done right in the first place. The last set of wheels i did took 3 days to strip completely back to metal, then two types of primer needed, then the paint and lastly a lacquer. If it's done right and you're patient you could do it yourself for next to nothing aside from time.

Once they are done and painted, leave a few days before fitting, then either wax them with normal car wax or use that Auto Glm spray stuff for them and the brake dust will come off with a simple wash.

tahiblue

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk7 Golf R
Captain Starlet said:
paint has just flaked off
Bad preparation would usually be the cause of this. Ideally you would need to get the wheels sandblasted with the fine pellets to get a smooth finish. Just a matter then of a quick fine sanding and rubdown and they are ready for painting. I did mine myself a few months back now and have had no problems. White is actually quite easy to keep clean if you give them a good wash at least once a week.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I bought my wheels new, and had them sprayed along with some other panels i was getting done at that time. I didn't do any preparation on them and to be honest they've been on three years and i've had very little problems to date. Couple of chips on one wheel

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.