Springs and Spacers.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Hi all,

Can someone recommend somewhere local that can supply and fit some lowering springs and spacers.

Somewhere within 30 minutes of Belfast would be ideal, but I will pretty much travel anywhere in the country that has a good reputation.

Cheers,
Chris.

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
@Davey@Procar

Could you give me an idea of what is available and costs. I'm thinking Eibach or H&R

Thanks

Davey@Procar

RMS Trader
Chris send me a pm of what your looking and car details will sort out in morning! Most of the times its best to ring me at the shop!

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
I too like this idea, but time and time again it’s just not worth the effort supporting local.
It's always worth the effort, when you consider it long term.
Short term no, there are a lot of head melters getting you down and it can be hard to wade through it, but if you can get through that, it really is.
That's why customer service is absolutely paramount.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
It's always worth the effort, when you consider it long term.
Short term no, there are a lot of head melters getting you down and it can be hard to wade through it, but if you can get through that, it really is.
That's why customer service is absolutely paramount.

Few weeks ago I tried sourcing something locally, knew the place would have what I need on shelf. Give them a call, closed for 2 weeks for the 12th. I’m not saying people can’t take a holiday but in this day and age pulling the plug for 2 weeks is mental. eBay had me my part 48 hours later. After trying a few other local options. Pile of other examples too, waiting for something to be ordered in, double the price etc

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Few weeks ago I tried sourcing something locally, knew the place would have what I need on shelf. Give them a call, closed for 2 weeks for the 12th. I’m not saying people can’t take a holiday but in this day and age pulling the plug for 2 weeks is mental. eBay had me my part 48 hours later. After trying a few other local options. Pile of other examples too, waiting for something to be ordered in, double the price etc
We get that in wholesalers. "We can order that in for you if you want".
Aye that's dead handy. May aswell order it online myself

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom

Exactly. And then your relying on the shop to actually order it and order it correctly. Also in end that’s 2 trips to the shop. I would love to be able to support local but the effort just doesn’t swing it, it’s not down to money either.

Loggie

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra
Spoiler centre outside cookstown might be a bit far but they have always looked after me well, they might even do delivery

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
I totally agree. At the other end of the scale, I keep some new parts on the shelf that I buy wholesale and mark up. My customers know that they can get it online for less - but they also appreciate being able to drive over to me, pick the part up, look it over and compare, and have it the same day - also knowing that if it's faulty, they can bring it back to me for an exchange or refund. Then it's on me to chase the supplier.
Which is the same way I use motor factors, and buy technology and tools, unless I cannot get it local.
And not every internet purchase is that straightforward either. I bought a outgoing model Milwaukee socket driver a couple of months ago that never arrived. It took 6-8 weeks of chasing to eventually get a refund - by which time everywhere else had sold out of stock. They wouldn't supply another to me either. It took another several hours searching to find another seller, got one ordered without a battery, ordered batteries from another source, and when the gun turned up it wasn't even the fuel one so it's uselessly weak.
For a tenner more the local store had the new model sitting on the shelf and I would have had it immediately rather than the 2 months after the day I decided to buy one. Now it's been replaced and there are no more in stock.
Should have bought local!

I'm not disagreeing with you, just saying that each scenario/purchase is different, and I like to make the effort to support local if possible.

Don't forget, taking the Milwaukee gun incident for example, when I purchase UK/foreign, that goes into their economy. If I'd purchased locally, that money goes into that business and it's owner and staff. those staff buy groceries in shops owned by people I know. The produce in those shops is produced by farmers. My cousins are farmers. All my friends in church are farmers. Those farmers have families and those people have cars, which need fixed sometimes. Those cars are fixed by mechanics, that get their parts off me, and sometimes they even come to be me to be fixed, using Milwaukee tools to fix them (!). Increased business means I can employ another person, like the guy I started last week, taking him off JSA, allowing him to rent his own bachelor pad, from another man I know, who supports various business ventures with the income he brings in, including one that another friend of mine is involved in, and so it continues to roll round. Not everyone has the freedom to choose, I know, but I do, and I prefer to bolster the economy that feeds back to and supports the people I know and care about.