Squealing Brakes

MarkM

RMS Regular
I wouldn’t touch EBC again with a barge pole, my orangestuffs disintingrated and nearly killed me, the whole range is just garbage imo

Carbotech bobcats are just about the best fast road pads I ever used, great bite, no noise and none of the usual carbotech dust, the major downside of XP8 and XP10

Pagid RS4-2 were also excellent

Track pads, Ferodo DS1.11 are amazing

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
I've DS2500 all round on the 350Z and there is no noise off them that I've noticed. I assume you did a decent brake in procedure?

I wasn't aware at the time of install there was a procedure but since then I have tried it numerous times and my mechanic also but the squealing returns mainly at low speeds - quite embarrassing driving through work lol

Feel your pain, have ds3000 in the glanza and they screech all the time during normal driving. I have a set of ebc redstuff that I swap in for road use when I can be bothered

What are the red stuff like? On paper they seem to be the ones to go for

@Boydie sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs here...

A few queries really... are you using any anti squeel compound on the back of the pads (i.e. not copper grease)? Also are there any rattle clips / shims missing from the pads? Did you follow the bed in procedure too?

I didn't fit them, I will ask my mechanic

I will check out these xp8s as well

scub

Banned
I wasn't aware at the time of install there was a procedure but since then I have tried it numerous times and my mechanic also but the squealing returns mainly at low speeds - quite embarrassing driving through work lol

What are the red stuff like? On paper they seem to be the ones to go for

I didn't fit them, I will ask my mechanic

I will check out these xp8s as well
i remember Johnny Armstrong telling me that if certain types of pads aren't worn in properly when fitted that they never seem to stop squealing after that.
from memory he (or Phil) took my evo a good scalp when the xp8's were fitted & were harsh on the brakes to bed them in properly & I never had any noise after that. the difference between them & the ferrodos were really night & day in every way.
saying that the dust on my white wheels was a bit mad!

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
@Boydie despite always hearing many mixed reviews on ebc brakes I actually found them pretty good. Not as good as the ferrodo obviously

Rossӏmac

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4
How'd this one end up @Boydie ? Thinking of getting RedStuff front pads, seems like a good compromise of no squeal, longevity and performance...

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
How'd this one end up @Boydie ? Thinking of getting RedStuff front pads, seems like a good compromise of no squeal, longevity and performance...

If your in no hurry hold off until Pagid release their new Pagid Street pads.

Also stay away from Copper Grease and look for a thing called Ceratec.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
I wouldn’t touch EBC again with a barge pole, my orangestuffs disintingrated and nearly killed me, the whole range is just garbage imo

Carbotech bobcats are just about the best fast road pads I ever used, great bite, no noise and none of the usual carbotech dust, the major downside of XP8 and XP10

Pagid RS4-2 were also excellent

Track pads, Ferodo DS1.11 are amazing

I had EBC pads to the same thing on my old DC2. Pads disintegrated and one even separated from the metal backing pad altogether. Would never use them again.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
I put redstuff pads on my S4 discs and callipers and they where amazing. Couldn’t fault them.

EBC Brakes DP31986C Redstuff Ceramic Low Dust Brake Pad​

That’s part number.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I put redstuff pads on my S4 discs and callipers and they where amazing. Couldn’t fault them.

EBC Brakes DP31986C Redstuff Ceramic Low Dust Brake Pad​

That’s part number.
I had them on my standard s4 brakes before I put the big ones on it .had no issues whatsoever with them .

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Done a few hundred miles with the EBC Yellow stuff pads. I like em!! Far better than the OEM ones. That said, early days - time will tell if they were a good buy.

G24NTR

RMS Regular
I had EBC Red Stuff on my 2 series and would recommend as a decent road pad, much better cold bite than standard, no issues with dust either.

Currently have Ferodo DS2500 on the M4, have EBC RP-X on the way to try on the track, also got a cheeky eBay bargain for Ferodo DS1.11 😅

DS2500 no squeaking following proper bedding in, but there's plenty of dust, and some deposits left after a hard track session.

MarkM

RMS Regular
I had EBC Red Stuff on my 2 series and would recommend as a decent road pad, much better cold bite than standard, no issues with dust either.

Currently have Ferodo DS2500 on the M4, have EBC RP-X on the way to try on the track, also got a cheeky eBay bargain for Ferodo DS1.11 😅

DS2500 no squeaking following proper bedding in, but there's plenty of dust, and some deposits left after a hard track session.

DS1.11 are absolutely epic, best I’ve ever used on track by a mile