Standard Cats

madamralli

RMS Member
Hi all, probably well covered before, but in these crazy times are all standard cats worth strong money?

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
That would be really appreciated Nicky. Its still on the car, but I'll hopefully get it out this week and come back to you if that's ok?
Yeah no probs I just use this website

It’s pretty accurate price wise maybe 10-20 quid difference but will give you an idea if your sitting with a 50 quid or 500 quid cat

You could probably sign up and use it yourself

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
cat or scrap prices must be up again for ecopart offered £250 today for a 07 skoda fabia with a blown engine.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
cat or scrap prices must be up again for ecopart offered £250 today for a 07 skoda fabia with a blown engine.

Cats were at an all time high about two weeks ago but have levelled off. T-met giving strong money now too Jack

madamralli

RMS Member
OP
madamralli
The CAT is finally out of the bag :rolleyes: Just by way of an update, I have checked the code on the Puma CAT and according to Ecotrade Group (thanks Nicky Glanza) its currently worth around £180, although I will wait and see what I can physically get for it from the likes of Tmet. Another point to note, it was a complete headache to remove, so if anyone has a Puma, don't be afraid of anyone crawling underneath it and nicking your CAT, it wouldn't be that simple or worth the effort to be honest.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
I've a cat and dpf from an e60 diesel
I know petrol cats are worth more, anyone any idea what they would be worth?
7795819 and 7792041

Anyone any idea on scrap price at the minute?
Have a few cars needs to go

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
I've a cat and dpf from an e60 diesel
I know petrol cats are worth more, anyone any idea what they would be worth?
7795819 and 7792041

Anyone any idea on scrap price at the minute?
Have a few cars needs to go
819 price below, can only do 1 free search a day on eco trade so sign up to see 041 price. It’s usually fairly accurate
4615D640-BDD8-4225-A465-8D2FBFC7D950.png

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
Drives
C220
Sold the cat off my MX5 last month for £610!

Raised enough to pay for stainless manifold, 200 cell race cat and a short shift kit from IL Motorsports in Germany. Even had £60 left over for fitting.

IMG_20220409_152118_408.jpg

Hopefully the smile won't be wiped off my face next month come MOT time.....

saxo_man

RMS Regular

Raised enough to pay for stainless manifold, 200 cell race cat and a short shift kit from IL Motorsports in Germany. Even had £60 left over for fitting.

View attachment 366579

That’s a result! (As long as you don’t fail on emissions!) I’ve taken out one of the cats and replaced the second one with a sports cat. Hopefully it’ll pass too

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
Drives
C220
That’s a result! (As long as you don’t fail on emissions!) I’ve taken out one of the cats and replaced the second one with a sports cat. Hopefully it’ll pass too
I asked on the NI MX5 FB groups and there were a number of people with 200 cell cats - all passed NI MOTs ok with no issue so I *should* be ok....

eamon343

RMS Regular
I asked on the NI MX5 FB groups and there were a number of people with 200 cell cats - all passed NI MOTs ok with no issue so I *should* be ok....

My 94 1.8 passes mot with no cat. Not sure what yours is or if there are tighter restrictions on newer cars

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes

View attachment 366579

Can i ask who bought the cat off you? Have a mx5 nb cat (code BPS3) to shift on