volvo 740

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Ok so approx prices.

10 litre bottle. £60 deposit. Pure Argon £35+ vat for a refill. Argon co2 mix £27+ vat for a refill.

20 litre bottle £70 deposit. Pure Argon £54+ vat for a refill and Argon co2 mix also £54. I can probably get a couple of quid off these.

No rental. Stargas are the only guys outside boc that fill the bottles to 200 bar, the main reason we went with them over the cheaper hobbyweld which are 130 bar.

Last edited:

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
Ok so approx prices.

10 litre bottle. £60 deposit. Pure Argon £35+ vat for a refill. Argon co2 mix £27+ vat for a refill.

20 litre bottle £70 deposit. Pure Argon £54+ vat for a refill and Argon co2 mix also £54. I can probably get a couple of quid off these.

No rental. Stargas are the only guys outside boc that fill the bottles to 20 bar, the main reason we went with them over the cheaper hobbyweld which are 130 bar.

Needs a quick edit - filled to 200 bar I assume NOT 20.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Must get round to converting mine. Bought gasless with every intention to convert to gas with the proper bottles instead of the silly wee disposable ones that you'd get with a sodastream and never got round to it.

I've a Clarke 151EN and the manual says the following:

When using a rechargeable bottle insert the plastic gas tube into a large gas bottle adaptor. Connect the tail end of the adaptor to a length of 1/4" (6 mm.) dia. flexible gas pipe and connect this pipe to a gauged pressure regulator which is screwed onto the rechargeable bottle. The gauged pressure regulator is then used to control the flow of gas...

You have all that sort of stuff in stock if I brought the welder down sometime to work out what I need?

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Must get round to converting mine. Bought gasless with every intention to convert to gas with the proper bottles instead of the silly wee disposable ones that you'd get with a sodastream and never got round to it.

I've a Clarke 151EN and the manual says the following:

You have all that sort of stuff in stock if I brought the welder down sometime to work out what I need?

Yes we have that in stock ok! Bring your gas line with you so we can match up.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I got a refill about a month ago too.

I use the StarMig which is the same as BOC’s Argon Shield for welding mild steel.