Starter motor refurbishment

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I'm onto my second starter motor in my Octavia and rather than buy another second hand unit that will probably end up in the bin - where locally could refurbish my original unit? It just clicks when you try to start it so I assume I might even get away with a new solenoid.

_ZS_

Drives
Mondeo, i30, MF1
Ards Autoelectrics in Newtownards (just beside the castle coming in from Portaferry direction) did a good job of an old Lucas 6v lump for me a few years back. They should be able to cope with a Skoda one OK. :grinning:

crx

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
Theres a company just off the Moira Road Lisburn does it i left a starter in at 9am and was ready that afternoon , think it cost £75 -80!!

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
I searched for Starter motor refurbishment and this is the only thread that came up.

I now need to get my Frontera starter refurbished. Does anyone know the name of that company off the Moira Road in Lisburn as mentioned above?

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Theirs a fella Desmond Mckee in bangor who i use and he is very good. Does my Alternators etc dunno if that's local to you or not

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
I searched for Starter motor refurbishment and this is the only thread that came up.

I now need to get my Frontera starter refurbished. Does anyone know the name of that company off the Moira Road in Lisburn as mentioned above?
Frazer Auto Electrics
Leave the Moira-Lisburn road and go on to the road where the Coke-cola factory is, past the factory its the next road on the left
http://www.frazerautoelectrics.co.uk/
028 9262 1911

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
Just a quick update on this - I left the starter into Frazer's on Tuesday and it was ready for collection this morning. It got new bearings, bushes and a solenoid for £45 + VAT. I thought that was very reasonable and quick service.

I've yet to fit it to the engine because it took me 4 hours to excavate it from the engine in the first place. Hopefully it'll go back together a bit easier.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Just a quick update on this - I left the starter into Frazer's on Tuesday and it was ready for collection this morning. It got new bearings, bushes and a solenoid for £45 + VAT. I thought that was very reasonable and quick service.

Simply Awesome price and service

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Frazers can't be beat for price and service.

Fixed a heater motor of a Komatsu digger for me, McCandless were looking £700 for a new one, and £250 to repair (if it could be repaired). Sean did it for the change in my pocket, and had it back same day.

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
I fitted the starter tonight - took me another 3 hours to put it back together but that was also fixing an oil leak at the turbo oil feed pipe. Starts the best ever now - well worth the time and effort. Starter is like new - a new one costs about £200 so that was a brilliant saving.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Good job Brian. It's always alot easier rebuilding them once you have them stripped, considering ya know where everything came from and has to go back to at that point.

You'll have this Frontera like a brand new article by the time you're done rebuilding, replacing and fixing each part of it.

Gemma

RMS Regular
Holy batman thread revival, is this frazer car electrics still on the go?

Gemma

RMS Regular
@Nicky thanks, I'll give him a call in the morning, maybe see about getting alternator sorted, it's got quite noisey I'm told lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.