Starter recon

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Is Greenaway still the place for reconditioning starters in Belfast?

Was stranded at Yorkgate in the Civic earlier and had to call on Granite recovery for the first time ever. Managed to get it bump started, I was surrounded by cars when I called them but a couple in front moved when recovery was there leaving a straight run. Wouldn't start with recovery fellas jumper pack, definitely not the battery, and it's stuck on me once before but started eventually, seems completely knackered now.

Top marks to Granite. Called them at 12:25 and he was with me by 1pm.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Is Greenaway still the place for reconditioning starters in Belfast?

Was stranded at Yorkgate in the Civic earlier and had to call on Granite recovery for the first time ever. Managed to get it bump started, I was surrounded by cars when I called them but a couple in front moved when recovery was there leaving a straight run. Wouldn't start with recovery fellas jumper pack, definitely not the battery, and it's stuck on me once before but started eventually, seems completely knackered now.

Top marks to Granite. Called them at 12:25 and he was with me by 1pm.
Frazers in Lisburn did an alternator for me when Greenaways said they were too busy, easy paid so I'm sure a starter wouldn't be much to them.

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
I always keep a spare starter for my ford focus, and GD Auto Electric reconditions my old one with new solenoid etc for £45. Glenn is a very decent chap.

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Is it not just as cheap to buy a new one?

I bought a new one for the Mondeo from Frazers

When I looked online, they were all over £200, some £300, which seemed expensive for a starter to me in comparison to a lot of other cars. An autospark in Doagh, who was suggested by a relative, can source a new one for £75+VAT so think I'll be going with with that. Been working so can't even get it out of the car until Thursday.