Static mk7 Golf R

martymim

RMS Regular
OP
martymim
Had a productive weekend.

Got a H&R ARB kit from Blackline Performance and got the rear fitted with a massive amount of help from a friend.

A8520E09-4643-41BD-A723-0C30530C5EB2.jpeg

68CC5FC5-16E6-48C3-A22C-0D316DC72B40.jpeg

Real beefy quality kit, the car is almost unnatural with the lack of body roll.

Then helped another mk7 with a few cosmetic bits.

Splitter
Side skirts
Diffuser
Spolier

Removed both bumpers to attach everything properally with nuts and bolts, unfortunately I have quite a substantial amount of experience with replacing splitter.

Below is the finished product.

05B2081A-1161-4E99-A5DB-79D33C70D32F.jpeg

02BAFBCD-16DB-4A83-9789-E23FE2584CF5.jpeg

I also got my cage back from Pro Powdercoating and I think the new colour suits the car much more.

7EF0BBCA-BC23-4C98-B50C-AA5C67166212.jpeg

0F56DAC7-FA41-496D-B89D-D566B323BA55.jpeg

8790483D-EAFF-440D-A84A-B382265FAC0F.jpeg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Any reason why you chose H&R over Whiteline? Had the H&R kit in my 8P S3 and the transformation was great!

I am interested in getting the full whiteline kit for my S3

martymim

RMS Regular
OP
martymim
Since I've last post a few big things has happened with the car.

I finally got the car into PVW, massive goal for me from a young age.
Was in complete awe when I got the message that the car was selected.
Credit to the photographer Ross Delaney, he did a fantastic job.

8A6A60DC-B1F5-4D8C-B231-1597B6AAEF89.jpeg

Not to end the weekend there I went up to the only northern car show of the 2020 season, Titanic Dubs.
Great location and a nice chilled out vibe. Although leading up to the show wasn't very chilled with all of us prepping our cars, few long nights of prep was worth it when we got there in the end. Definitely one of my favourite shows of the calendar, the amount of people you talk to that is amazing from linking faces andInstagram names to old friends.

To my complete amazement I walked away with the Car Of The Show trophy.
The attention to detail of the trophy is next level mimicking the titanic. Full credit to the_Shortshift for making it.
Massive thanks to GTINI as well for choosing me.

A0B74B34-2406-4F70-8868-08ADAA33AA1E.jpeg

To wrap up the day I caught Colm from FusedUK to do a final shoot for the season.

99446036-30F9-4683-89D5-9233B2B463CA.jpeg

The following day a few friends and myself took to stripping the car to go back to standard for sale. I have had that Sunday in mind for a few months but it just so happened the car went out with a massive bang.

You can see the state of the garage during the day.

1F55616E-754A-45B7-A685-DAB04645B2DC.jpeg

I picked up a set of Pretoria style wheels to help shift the car.
Left the Milltek, intake, stage 2 software and the alcantara wheel to set it apart from the mass of 7R's on the market.

CC22EEE6-B925-4832-936D-159EA68C5AD7.jpeg

Few weeks later and the car found its way to a new owner.
Any carsales people here my heart goes out for you.

The Friday after I was on my way to Scotland with Caleb to pick up the new project.

F76CD7A3-2A15-4666-BA66-F0CBA5B6A681.jpeg

Found a MK6 Edition 35 GTI
Have always wanted one since my first car was a mk6 and I’m looking for a build without having to worry about the electrics of a mk7.

Few plans in mind to destroy the car as usual.

I’ll be sticking up a build thread for it when I get the ball rolling and the frame closer to the ground.

Thought I’d just wrap up the thread, was a pleasure meeting people through here and thanks for reading.

Martin

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Since I've last post a few big things has happened with the car.

I finally got the car into PVW, massive goal for me from a young age.
Was in complete awe when I got the message that the car was selected.
Credit to the photographer Ross Delaney, he did a fantastic job.

View attachment 300288

Not to end the weekend there I went up to the only northern car show of the 2020 season, Titanic Dubs.
Great location and a nice chilled out vibe. Although leading up to the show wasn't very chilled with all of us prepping our cars, few long nights of prep was worth it when we got there in the end. Definitely one of my favourite shows of the calendar, the amount of people you talk to that is amazing from linking faces andInstagram names to old friends.

To my complete amazement I walked away with the Car Of The Show trophy.
The attention to detail of the trophy is next level mimicking the titanic. Full credit to the_Shortshift for making it.
Massive thanks to GTINI as well for choosing me.

View attachment 300296

To wrap up the day I caught Colm from FusedUK to do a final shoot for the season.

View attachment 300297

The following day a few friends and myself took to stripping the car to go back to standard for sale. I have had that Sunday in mind for a few months but it just so happened the car went out with a massive bang.

You can see the state of the garage during the day.

View attachment 300298

I picked up a set of Pretoria style wheels to help shift the car.
Left the Milltek, intake, stage 2 software and the alcantara wheel to set it apart from the mass of 7R's on the market.

View attachment 300299

Few weeks later and the car found its way to a new owner.
Any carsales people here my heart goes out for you.

The Friday after I was on my way to Scotland with Caleb to pick up the new project.

View attachment 300300

Found a MK6 Edition 35 GTI
Have always wanted one since my first car was a mk6 and I’m looking for a build without having to worry about the electrics of a mk7.

Few plans in mind to destroy the car as usual.

I’ll be sticking up a build thread for it when I get the ball rolling and the frame closer to the ground.

Thought I’d just wrap up the thread, was a pleasure meeting people through here and thanks for reading.

Martin
Didn't know mk7 have electric problems?
Get a new thread up!

martymim

RMS Regular
OP
martymim
Didn't know mk7 have electric problems?
Get a new thread up!

Non with the Golf R thankfully but I had a 7 GTI with significant problems.

More to do with if one part drops out it takes the entire system. The ACC sensor was never confidence inspiring either.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Loved the static Mk7. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the mk6!

You don't still happen to have the peelers do you?

martymim

RMS Regular
OP
martymim
Loved the static Mk7. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the mk6!

You don't still happen to have the peelers do you?

Cheers Gaz, long road ahead but hopefully it will be worth it.

I do, I actually have them listed on a few places.
Drop me a DM.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
@martymim - your car was always a credit to you - @jonny_w & I absolutely loved it at Dubshed last year, and we both picked yours as our car of the show.

can't wait to see where you go with the Ed35 - it'll be a nice read no matter what!

martymim

RMS Regular
OP
martymim
@martymim - your car was always a credit to you - @jonny_w & I absolutely loved it at Dubshed last year, and we both picked yours as our car of the show.

can't wait to see where you go with the Ed35 - it'll be a nice read no matter what!

Thank you very much for the kind words.

Few things up my sleeve, hopefully it will be an entertaining read when I get round to the thread.

Brandon

RMS Member
Drives
Hoopties
Never heard of this forum before, but by complete luck I stumbled on this thread today. Joined just to post this...

Almost 2 years ago I was thinking about getting a Golf R and after weeks of searching the web, I came across this car on the Fitment Industries site and immediately fell in love. The wheels, the stance, splitter, etc was just fantastic .... and that's when I said "I gotta have one". So that's what I did. I want to say thank you very much to the owner for posting his details about wheel size, offset, tire size, suspension, etc. as it made it much easier for me to get the desired look without all of the normal hassle. I hated to copy him, but as they say, imitation is the best form of flattery.

After reading the entire thread I'm a little saddened that you sold the car but also excited for your next adventure.

Again, thank you for sharing your car with the world. Here are a few pics of what you inspired.

IMG_6493.JPG
IMG_6671.JPG
IMG_6535.JPG
IMG_0967.jpg
IMG_0954.jpg